Matching rolling ball colours puzzle game (Windows 16-bit)

These requests for help have been resolved, but they may help you find a game that you're looking for
cyj
Less than a nibble

Matching rolling ball colours puzzle game (Windows 16-bit)

Post by cyj »

I played this game for a long period some 10 years ago and it is stored in a floppy disk with other games such as SkiFree (but the floppy is not likely Microsoft Entertainment Pack). At that time I also played Jezzball. The game runs on 16-bit Windows and I played in window mode with sounds and probably in 256-colour mode.

The game consists of different levels of rolling ball sculpture set-ups. There are a number of ball colours and a number of balls of each colour is placed above a funnel which is the entrance to the tracks. There are gadgets along the tracks which switch the balls' travelling routes and at the end of the tracks there are coloured "racks" where the balls that have finished travelling are placed. The rack colours are consistent with the ball colours.

The only control is to choose a ball colour to drop a ball. The ball then travels and switches routes along the track. When arriving at the rack, the ball either stays if the ball colour matches the rack colour, or vanishes if it is a unmatch. The objective is to place as many balls to respective coloured racks as possible.

Apart from pressing the mouse button to drop a ball, the rest of the time is to watch the ball rolling here and there on the screen.

An Applet game of same objective and similar gameplay is Oskar's Jukebox puzzle.

Hope you people can tell the game title -- I've been disappointed many times searching for the game on Google and screenshot indexes. Many thanks.

EDIT: Line containing wrong information hidden.
Last edited by cyj on March 7th, 2011, 3:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Flaose
Less than a nibble

Re: Matching rolling ball colours puzzle game (Windows 16-bi

Post by Flaose »

Sounds to me like it's Marble Drop from Maxis.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

I agree.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
cyj
Less than a nibble

Post by cyj »

Million thanks, you found the game!