No votes
1 (lowest)
No votes

Total votes: 1

AutoAdmin
Forum Administrator

Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project

Post by AutoAdmin »

Feel free to rate and discuss this game.
If RGB Classic Games matters to you, tell someone!
leilei
File Contributor

Re: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project

Post by leilei »

This game reminds me of the memories of the DNF E3 2001 trailer a lot, doesn't help that the game also ships with that trailer.

fun fact: there was supposed to be stronger language orignally, but censored/dummied out (with other phrases, redundantly). it's obvious what they were going to be if you look at the filenames in the data files and also check their modified dates (the later ones are the 'edited' versions)
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Re: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project

Post by MrFlibble »

The game is pretty cool :) Although I can't say it's as captivating as Duke Nukem 3D, it sure is action-packed, and takes full advantage of its true 3D engine's capabilities while remaining a side-scrolling platform game at the core. It's also nice to have more one-liners from the original Duke's voice, Jon St. John :D

For the most part, the level design is quite clever and non-repetitive, and this also contributes greatly to fun gameplay. I'd say it's quite a pity that (as I read in an interview with Joe Siegler IIRC) the platform game genre was becoming unpopular around the time of DNMP's release, which resulted in plans of future Duke Nukem franchise platform games to get scrapped.