Site finances

Post suggestions, correct errors or omissions, or anything else about the site
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Re: Site finances

Post by DOSGuy »

I have an update on the financial situation of the site's owner (me). After more than a year of unemployment -- though I have been self-employed doing on-site computer service and developing content management systems for websites for the local school board -- the government has offered me a new job! I'm back to work on January 5. That's just in case any of you were worried that I was going to starve, or have to sell the website, which was at least a possibility when I watched my life savings get wiped out in the stock market crash this year.

Here's hoping that 2009 will be a much better year for all of us. My new year is off to a great start. :)
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
Qbix
DOSBox Programmer

Post by Qbix »

I am really happy to hear that!
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

I'm not going to bother asking what we should do with the surplus this year since it was so small. I'm finally going to buy a scanner to keep a commitment I made a few months ago. I have a few hundred commercial DOS games on a shelf in my basement, and although I'm making bit-perfect copies of the disks, I can't legally share them with the world, or even prove that I've created the disk images for that matter. Instead, I'll share what I can: I'm going to scan the boxes and manual covers, which I should be able to post under fair use provisions in copyright law.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.