Help finding a game [Super Solvers series]

These requests for help have been resolved, but they may help you find a game that you're looking for
neca
Less than a nibble

Help finding a game

Post by neca »

Hi, this is my first post, and first of all I want to congratulate you all for the site and the community. Now, I know this is the place where you can help me, I'm looking for a game (more like a series of games) that have in common the same protagonist. The problem is I don't remember much about them, not the name or the developer. What I can say is that this guy wore a blue jacket and a red cap that hid his face. He had big tennis shoes, a sort of walkie talkie that could launch lighting rays as a weapon, and a really cool attitude, hahaha. That's all guys, I hope you can help me, I can try drawing a sketch, if you need more information. Thanks!
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

A lot of us played those games. You're referring to the Super Solvers series, by The Learning Company. I personally played OutNumbered! in school. You might have played Midnight Rescue!, Operation Neptune, Challenge of the Ancient Empires!, Treasure Mountain!, MathStorm!, SpellBound!, Gizmos and Gadgets, Treasure Cove!, or Mission Think.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
neca
Less than a nibble

Post by neca »

Wow! Thanks!!! Do you know where I can get some of these? Specially Misnight Rescue and Spellbound.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

The Learning Company still exists and has a website at http://www.learningcompany.com. They still sell the Reader Rabbit series, but it looks like Super Solvers and Super Seekers have been retired, though they are still listed in the Software Help section as "Web Support Only". In the Bargain Bin section you can get Treasure Mountain! and Treasure Cove! together for $9.99. Sadly, Gertrude's Secrets, an old favorite of mine, is no longer sold.

The Learning Company was acquired by the same company that purchased Brøderbund and a number of other educational software makers, so I also notice the Dr. Quandary series listed in their help section. I'll contact them about the possibility of taking special orders for their discontinued products, or releasing them as freeware.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.