Looking for: registered versions of Battlestar 1 and 2 (vivvid technologies):

Requests for games to be added to the site
Spaceveteran
Less than a nibble

Looking for: registered versions of Battlestar 1 and 2 (vivvid technologies):

Post by Spaceveteran »

Hello to all, this is my first post. I’m coming here in indication by dosgames.

So I'd like your advice on 2 matters here. The first is my request:

I'd like to find and secure the registered versions of battlestar 1 and 2 from vivvid technologies. There is a vid on YouTube about Battlestar 2 in action, with a comment from the game creator Mr Bradley Allen.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=86ZBPwNg-NU

Sadly, I can't find any email of him anywhere and have a very small presence on social media platforms like YouTube. As such, could anyone here possibly help me to rouse him and question him about the games?

Second, I'd like to propose a number of registered versions of games I have been able to secure from their authors (alongside rights to distribute freely) as a contribution to the site, and also as a pendant to my request regarding the Battlestar games. Should the admin agree, I could send them so you might upload them on RGB.
Titles include on the top of my head:

-starfire (silver lightning design), liberated by Paul turbett
-star hammer (silver lightning design), liberated by Paul turbett.
-xerix 2: the caverns of Mars, liberated by Brendan reville
And most recently:
-worldquest V2.0, liberated by Chris Egerter.

Should you be interested in helping me and/or acquiring the games on RGB please let me know.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Re: Looking for: registered versions of Battlestar 1 and 2 (vivvid technologies):

Post by DOSGuy »

The full version of Xerix II has been on the site since 2008. Brendan Reville contacted me about adding it to the site.

I'm happy to hear that Paul Turbett has declared Starfire freeware. We currently only have the shareware version on the site. I hadn't heard of Star Hammer. I'll put the full version of both games on the site as soon as I have a copy of them and proof of their legal status. I see websites claiming that the game is now freeware, but I haven't found a license or any evidence to support the claim.

I take it that you're mikael magnano on YouTube. I don't have any more ability than you do to contact Bradley Allen.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.