Old Swedish edutainment game (DOS or Win 3.1) [Vikingabyn]

These requests for help have been resolved, but they may help you find a game that you're looking for
Cire
6-bit nerd

Old Swedish edutainment game (DOS or Win 3.1) [Vikingabyn]

Post by Cire »

I remember back when I had recently started school. We got 3 computers with Windows 3.1 and many games, some edutainment games in Swedish. I don't remember much about most of the games unfortunatly, but a friend recently reminded me about one he also remembered. It must be from around 1995 or perhaps a Little older. has to be DOS or Windows 3.1 based. It was Viking themed, I learned through it that a Century was 100 years. There was a lot of blue color in it. This is all we can remember unfortunatly. If any one knows what this game is called, and has info on other games in Swedish language, and know where they could be aquired through legal means, either demos or full versions, I would appreciate this greatly.
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Re: Old Swedish edutainment game (DOS or Win 3.1)

Post by MrFlibble »

You might want to re-post this request at dosgames.com forums. There's a user from Sweden over (Rwolf) there who may be able to help.
Cire
6-bit nerd

Post by Cire »

Alright, cool, I'll do that. :)
Cire
6-bit nerd

Post by Cire »

After looking over the whole Internet, I managed to find the game I was looking for by my own thanks to this YouTube clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQXVvhGsn-Q
It was a Swedish strategy game called "Vikingabyn" (in English "The Viking Village")
So this can be moved to resolved now. :D
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Re: Old Swedish edutainment game (DOS or Win 3.1) [Vikingabyn]

Post by MrFlibble »

Glad you found it!