No votes
1 (lowest)
No votes

Total votes: 3

thechosen27
Less than a nibble

Re: Clyde's Revenge

Post by thechosen27 »

I found it. I think the fourth one WAS the one I was stuck on. I gotta say, this game deserves way more recognition. I feel like I don't deserve this game for free, like I should pay money for it. THAT'S how good it is! I wish Moonlite would come back and make Clyde 3.

Here's a little something to discuss: Would you buy the sound track for this game if there was one? I definetly would. The music is catchy, relaxing and fits the levels perfectly.
Caribbean Blue
Less than a nibble

Post by Caribbean Blue »

I totally agree! No one that I know has ever heard of this game. It needs more publicity. Clyde 3 sounds like an awesome idea. And with today's technology, Mike Voss would probably be able to do more with the game.

I love the music! I learned to play a few on the piano. I would definitely buy a soundtrack. It would probably have to be redone with real instruments and everything, but the music really does fit the levels, and I've caught myself whistling some of the songs throughout the day.
Calvero
5-bit member

Post by Calvero »

The music in Clyde's Revenge is in MIDI format. The MIDI files can be ripped with this Clyde's Revenge extractor, or with the Wombat Game Tools, which might be easier to use.
smpoole7
Less than a nibble

Bug In Clyde's Revenge

Post by smpoole7 »

Be careful when using the elevators. Normally, if you just slide onto one, your speed slowly increases as you go up. But if you jump onto the elevator, your speed increases very quickly. If you're not careful, you'll actually "pop out" past the border of the game area and get trapped.

(Speaking from experience ... ;)

This may not be true in all versions of the game. Also, most of the elevators are "framed" by walls that are precisely 2 blocks high, preventing you from jumping onto the elevator. But there are exceptions in several levels (starting in level 1, castle 6, as I recall).
Caribbean Blue
Less than a nibble

Post by Caribbean Blue »

Hahaha! Yeah... That happens in a few levels.

It's interesting to see but sad at the same time, because you know that you have to restart the entire level.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

Cool glitch!
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
thechosen27
Less than a nibble

Post by thechosen27 »

Sssssssooooo... been a while, huh?

Anyway, I felt like listening to some Clyde music, so I did a search on youtube. Didn't find any, but I did find these nice remixes, and I figured (this being the closest thing to an official Clyde forum we'll ever get) I'd share them here. This also gives us some unofficial names for the songs so we don't have to call them by what levels they appear in. My favorites are Strawberry Rings, Enter the Magnets, Blue Sand, and Yellow Squared.

And I think Heliotrope Mold was the level I got stuck on all those years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 9465817B41
robert
5-bit member

Re: Cheats for Clyde's Revenge

Post by robert »

Lingyan203 wrote:Hello,

Are there any cheats for Clyde's Revenge? If so, please tell me. I think I pressed some key that caused me to finish the level without collecting all of the stones, but I don't remember.

Thank you.
It happened the same to me, I think it was the first time that I've ever played Clyde's Revenge, I was in level 5 and I just pressed some keys randomnly, then suddenly skipped to level 6, but can't remember which keys I pressed.