No votes
No votes
1 (lowest)
No votes

Total votes: 6

raman22feb1988
6-bit nerd

Post by raman22feb1988 »

No need to help. I have found out the solution myself.
Also don't bother to post the solution here. Let it remain as a puzzle for newcomers to solve.

BTW, all 16 castles finished in Chapter Two. Day before yesterday. Only one week spent with the whole game out of which I spent 3 days with castle 6 itself.

The game is not as difficult as I expected.
Even the castle 16 was very easy.

The game can be classified into tough and interesting.
Although I don't want the game to be tough, the game can be interesting.

Tough includes the following points:
(1) More of ice, that makes the game not easy when the game is fast.

Interesting includes the following points:
(1) Castles are long.
(2) There are lot of splits in the path (can be everywhere) in the castle.
(3) Some treasure and gems are hidden somewhere in the castle such that there are no hints and arrows anywhere in the castle for them. And no clues for magic triggers, where ever they are.

I hope that Clyde's revenge will satisfy these things and will be interesting, although not tough.

PS: Also, the speed with which I played the game is not so fast at all. It is at the correct speed. GGNFS, which I run as a background activity program, reduces the speed of the game. Thanks to GGNFS. No need for DOS Box at all. Windows XP Command prompt itself is enough. With DOS Box, the game is rather very slow.

Bye,
Raman
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

Congratulations on beating the game! And congratulations for writing the 500th post!

I chose Seventeen or Bust for my distributed computing project, which doesn't slow down my computer because it only uses idle cycles. If anyone here is interested in joining the project, please join me on Team Retro.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
raman22feb1988
6-bit nerd

Post by raman22feb1988 »

On Saturday, I finished all the castles from 9 through 16 (of Chapter Two, of course).
On Friday night, I finished castle 9 with 226 gems out of 300 (with the treasure).
On Saturday morning, I finished castle 9 with 300 gems and all the subsequent castles throughout the day.

PS: My favorite projects are:

Prime95, which searches for Mersenne Primes, which I liked before, but which I don't like now, because it is very difficult to catch a Mersenne Prime to test.

The Cunningham project, is a project which tries to factor integers of the form (b^n)±1 for b = 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12 upto higher powers.

I like it than Prime95 because there is a result after our effort - getting the factor of the number. And not simply saying that the number is composite. (Almost all Mersenne Numbers, even any big number is mostly composite. Also, the probability of a sufficiently big number to be prime is very small).

The ECMNET project, which tries to find factors of Cunningham Numbers, by using the Elliptical Curve Method. I don't like it than NFS, because it is difficult to find factors by ECM, and almost all small factors (upto 50 digits) of Cunningham Numbers have already been eliminated by ECM.

The NFSNET project, which contributes factors to the Cunningham Project by using the Number Field Sieve. I like NFS to ECM because there is a result after the effort - getting the factor definitely after finishing NFS.

The Aliquot Sequences Project, which tries to verify if the Catalan's conjecture is true, i.e. whether if all the aliquot sequences terminate in a prime or an aliquot cycle.

For more on these projects and about contributing to them, you may better register and post in this forum.

The other distributed computing projects, which I don't like much than the above projects, because only they are not that much important, I do only feel so, and never contributed to them at all are:

The Zeta Grid Project, which tries to prove if the Riemann Hypothesis is true, by checking if all the zeros of the Zeta Function lie precisely on the critical line, Re(s)=½.

The Eleven Smooth Project, which tries to find as many factors of the number (2^3326400)-1.

The project, which searches for odd perfect numbers, if any do exist at all.

The project, which tries to factor Fermat Numbers, and then checks whether if any Fermat Prime exist at all after 65537.

I am currently factoring on for (6^305)-1 of the Cunningham Project with GGNFS. (Will anybody join with me?)
Last edited by raman22feb1988 on September 25th, 2007, 2:01 am, edited 16 times in total.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

I'm a huge fan of distributed computing projects, but let's not get too far off-topic in the Clyde's Adventure thread. If anyone else would like to talk about distributed computing projects, I've created a threat at viewtopic.php?p=549.
raman22feb1988
6-bit nerd

Demonstration

Post by raman22feb1988 »

Castle 1
Castle 2
Castle 3
Castle 4
Castle 5
Castle 6
Castle 7
Castle 8
Castle 9
Castle 10
Castle 11
Castle 12
Castle 13
Castle 14
Castle 15
Castle 16
Castle 17
Castle 18
Castle 19
Castle 20
Castle 21
Castle 22
Castle 23
Castle 24
Castle 25
Castle 26
Castle 27
Castle 28
Castle 29
Castle 30
Castle 31
Castle 32

For example, see that Castle 9 in Episode 2, played in the fast mode, with speed, without any difficulty at all. See that trick! See it up, only so.

Also, see that energy is also too very tight in Castle 7, Castle 10 of Chapter 2. Of course, also in all castles in Chapter 2, energy is almost nearly fit it up that only so, fit it up that only so.
Last edited by raman22feb1988 on October 11th, 2007, 2:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
The largest found ECM factor is 73 digits from M1181, which is

The largest SNFS factorization is 313 digits of M1039

The largest GNFS factorization is RSA 768 (232 digits)
leilei
File Contributor

Post by leilei »

If you've used dosbox you could make clear videos by ctrl-alt-f5
raman22feb1988
6-bit nerd

Post by raman22feb1988 »

leilei wrote:If you've used dosbox you could make clear videos by ctrl-alt-f5
Oops! Sorry that DOS Box is rather also really too very slow. I wouldn't recommend it up at all! Video not clear at all? What? It is not so very clear at all only so up it that only so?
The largest found ECM factor is 73 digits from M1181, which is

The largest SNFS factorization is 313 digits of M1039

The largest GNFS factorization is RSA 768 (232 digits)
kikie15
Less than a nibble

Post by kikie15 »

I have the same problem here, if I play clyde just with no other programms it's way too fast. I tried it with dosbox, and it is way too slow. I tried ajusting the cycles to make my game go faster but it doesn't improve the speed of the game whatsoever.
Any one has suggestions on how to play clyde's adventure at a normal speed?
I have also tried with both ways for either F9 to speed up or F10 to slow down, with no results.

I don't have any problem with the speed of clyde's revenge.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

The only reason I can think of why the game would be too slow in DOSBox is if you have a very slow computer. Emulating the CPU takes more processing power than running it in Windows.

If you're not able to get the speed slow enough to be playable using F9 and F10, you might want to try a slowdown utility from the Utilities section.
leilei
File Contributor

Post by leilei »

The first full episode has a 'slow' speed throttle hacked into it. If you want to play the first episode without speed issues in DOSBox try the shareware version.

It'd be nice if DOSguy could get Moonlite to release non-fixed full versions of Clyde's Adventure, with proper timestamps that aren't from 200x :P
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

I can't even get Moonlite Software to return my emails any more. :(
kikie15
Less than a nibble

Post by kikie15 »

I just found a different version of clyde and now it works at a normal speed in dosbox.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

Could you elaborate on that, please? What is the version number, and is it shareware or full version?
kikie15
Less than a nibble

Re: Clyde's Adventure

Post by kikie15 »

It's the clyde full version...
I think this might be where I downloaded it from...

https://www.classicdosgames.com/genre/platform.html

and it would be the first link in Clyde's Adventure
Clyde's Adventure v3.0 Registered Version (289k)
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Re: Clyde's Adventure

Post by DOSGuy »

kikie15 wrote:I just found a different version of clyde and now it works at a normal speed in dosbox.
kikie15 wrote:It's the clyde full version...
I think this might be where I downloaded it from...

https://www.classicdosgames.com/genre/platform.html

and it would be the first link in Clyde's Adventure
Clyde's Adventure v3.0 Registered Version (289k)
That's this website. When you said that you found a new version, I thought you meant that you found it somewhere other than here!

At any rate, I'm glad that version works for you.