tile rpg v3 (current)

Discuss coding, porting and creating games
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Re: tile rpg v2

Post by developertn »

I only managed it once however my ELO at its peak was 2212 or so.

Most of my casual games I play around 1000 ELO.

However my fun games where I don't care is around 800 ELO.
pseudocoder
5-bit member

Post by pseudocoder »

developertn wrote:ELO.
What is ELO?

Chess is something that I have zero patience for though I like an odd game of checkers now and then.

Looks my "game" can be sped up after all; the dosbox was running at 3000 cycles, but after a slight boost, its performance looked a little better. Maybe it's time to mush on.
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

pseudocoder wrote:
What is ELO?

Chess is something that I have zero patience for though I like an odd game of checkers now and then.

Looks my "game" can be sped up after all; the dosbox was running at 3000 cycles, but after a slight boost, its performance looked a little better. Maybe it's time to mush on.
I believe ELO is the name of the guy who developed the rating system that is in use today to classify the strengths of each player. If you could reach 1000 ELO you were considered a bright beginner. Know that kids often play under 1000 ELO. How prodigies exists and can reach master status at 2200 ELO. Those who have achieved a level of patience only the well aged elders could normally reach GRANDMASTER status at above 2500 ELO. Consider that computers max out at 3300 ELO it is a tough society to break into! However folk lore tells us the wise grow wiser with age. So by the time you reach 100 years old you might just be able to beat the best computers in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Post by developertn »

Jesus Christ!hehe

I am selfish. hehe What I really wanted to say however the words didn't leave my mind until now is keep going. I am willing to check it out. Just tell me how many cycles you want the DOSBox to be. I am not sure if I know how to increase it on a MacBook Pro 13" 2009 model.

Thank you Jesus Christ that my Uncle who is a Doctor Thao Vu in San Antonio for a private hospital donate this laptop for me to use for my work and study. I thought I was a goner after giving my only HP computer to my little cousin.

Like God says "When one door closes, God opens up another door that is meant to be! So the old one was not your soulmate haha"
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Post by developertn »

Jesus Christ!hehe

Well, I just had a quick unusual 12 minute game at 850 ELO. When I say 12 minute game I get 12 minutes total to complete all my moves and attempt a win. In this game the computer resigned. In theory if you work your way up from the bottom you will be at the higher point one day. The lower you are when you begin is the higher you end up when you pass away.

So if there was such a thing as no ELO when you pass away you should be la creme de la creme when you pass away. hehe Of course you must start at the level of nothing. You cannot skip levels. Just like in math you must know the number zero through nine before you can do any addition or subtraction. You must learn the basics first.

Thank you Jesus Christ I am starting at nothing in programming hehe Did you know that I never graduated! It is true. I dropped out of high school, tried some college for a while and dropped that too. Most of my learning that works are learning that I chose to do in my spare time. It really hurt me a lot to work from the bottom up.
developertn wrote:
pseudocoder wrote:
What is ELO?

I believe ELO is the name of the guy who developed the rating system that is in use today to classify the strengths of each player. If you could reach 1000 ELO you were considered a bright beginner. Know that kids often play under 1000 ELO. How prodigies exists and can reach master status at 2200 ELO. Those who have achieved a level of patience only the well aged elders could normally reach GRANDMASTER status at above 2500 ELO. Consider that computers max out at 3300 ELO it is a tough society to break into! However folk lore tells us the wise grow wiser with age. So by the time you reach 100 years old you might just be able to beat the best computers in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Re: tile rpg v3 (current)

Post by developertn »

Your game reminds me of dungeons and dragons type of game where you are in a castle and have to fight monsters and stuff. Keep up the good work. Don't get discouraged. If I find it interesting and cute then I'm sure others will find the same to be true. I can see one day you are paid a good living from your game if you finish it and market it and sell it! Enjoy as the pirates say hehe
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Re: God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Post by developertn »

developertn wrote:Jesus Christ!hehe

I am selfish. hehe What I really wanted to say however the words didn't leave my mind until now is keep going. I am willing to check it out. Just tell me how many cycles you want the DOSBox to be. I am not sure if I know how to increase it on a MacBook Pro 13" 2009 model.

Thank you Jesus Christ that my Uncle who is a Doctor Thao Vu in San Antonio for a private hospital donate this laptop for me to use for my work and study. I thought I was a goner after giving my only HP computer to my little cousin.

Like God says "When one door closes, God opens up another door that is meant to be! So the old one was not your soulmate haha"

To my surprise, my perfect mom Huong Thi Vu bought me the authentic version of Microsoft MS-DOS 6.22 for like $12 buck or such. She also got me a USB floppy drive. It turns out that I am able to use VirtualBox to connect the floppy drive to the MS-DOS 6.22. I thought it wasn't going to work and I am wrong!!!!!

The end of the story is I am working in my career of my choice WITHOUT PAY for the rest of my life just because I enjoy my work. Just don't tell the auditor that though - it is just between you and me ;)

So I have authentic MS-DOS 6.22 on a MacBook with authentic 3.5" diskettes verified to save and read.

Thank you Jesus Christ.