Hi guys!

Introduce yourself!
Vanrick
Less than a nibble

Hi guys!

Post by Vanrick »

Man this site is a godsend! I had an old Shareware CD back in the day with 99 games on it, thanks to this site I was able to put a name on 30 of them. Does anybody know what compilation CD I am referring to? It had 99 games mostly from the 1991-1994 range and was grey/green with the words IDEMA on it. Any information would be great! :D
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Re: Hi guys!

Post by MrFlibble »

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

Compilation CDs are generally not easy to identify (and then find) because there were so many of them! So if you're looking for games, and not a specific CD, then it's probably a better idea to look for downloads of the particular titles you're after. You can also check other shareware games from the same time period, with many of them available here at RGB Classic Games, and also at sites like dosgames.com, DEMU.org or Theodor Lauppert's Download Central.

That said, there's a couple of websites that are dedicated to shareware CDs. These are cd.textfiles.com and The Internet Archive's Shareware CD Archive.

You might also want to check out Hallfiry's magazine cover CD catalogue, but it mostly covers gaming magazine cover CDs and not shareware CDs.
Vanrick
Less than a nibble

Post by Vanrick »

I actually found it yesterday on cdtextfiles

http://cd.textfiles.com/mmcd/

Now I'm trying to figure out how to make it run! Thanks for the reply :D
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Post by MrFlibble »

Cool! This certainly doesn't happen very often, unto my experience ^_^

Now if this CD only exists at cd.textfiles.com, the only way to "run" it is to download every file, keeping the directory structure. This is quite tedious (you can use a download manager to automate and speed the process up somewhat though). However, archive.org does not seem to have an image of this CD.

You can use cd.textfiles.com to browse the games on that CD and download them in a more online-friendly format (i.e. zipped in an archive) elsewhere.
Vanrick
Less than a nibble

Post by Vanrick »

Thanks for the help! :)
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Post by MrFlibble »

You're welcome! If you have further questions, feel free to post them in the various forum sections.
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

MrFlibble is cool like that. He responds to every