do not know how to run Star Wars Dark Forces...

The place to ask for technical support and offer assistance
Barrikade33
Less than a nibble

do not know how to run Star Wars Dark Forces...

Post by Barrikade33 »

Hello, i am having great difficulty running this game...i am not familiar with Dos anything, and the Dos tutorial was not very helpful for me...can, excuse me...could anyone help in this. Any help is greatly appreciated. maybe some one could give me some screen shots on how to set it up?? I will wait for a reply...thanks very much.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Re: do not know how to run Star Wars Dark Forces...

Post by DOSGuy »

Extract the zip file into some folder on your computer. Let's say, c:\dosgames\swdarkf.
Run DOSBox.
Type "mount c c:\dosgames\swdarkf".
Type "df".
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
Barrikade33
Less than a nibble

Post by Barrikade33 »

Thank you so much for the instruction...when i can download Dosbox i will give this a try...oh there is one thing, where do i download this "file" you speak of? the one i unzip.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

Maybe we should figure out what you've done so far. I assumed that you had downloaded dforces1.zip from this website. If not, that's what you unzip.

I assumed that you had a copy of DOSBox, since you mentioned reading the "Dos[box] tutorial". There's a link in the tutorial to the Utilities page -- which has a copy of DOSBox and other programs that one might want or need to run DOS software on a modern computer -- and a link to the DOSBox project's website. Download DOSBox either from this site or their site and run the installer.

Once you have a copy of Star Wars: Dark Forces and a copy of DOSBox installed, the instructions above should work.
Barrikade33
Less than a nibble

Post by Barrikade33 »

i downloaded Dosbox and dark forces zip file....i am clueless to know what to do from here. could and would you please help me...how do you download it to a location the dosbox will recognize?

[Edit] so i downloaded it and stuck it in a folder i created called "swdarkf" and it is located in "c:\users\allan\desktop" what is my next step?

ok thnks
Last edited by Barrikade33 on January 14th, 2015, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Post by MrFlibble »

DOSGuy wrote:Run DOSBox.
Type "mount c c:\dosgames\swdarkf".
Type "df".
NOTE: Please do not double-post, use the Edit button to modify your already existing message.
Litude
File Contributor

Post by Litude »

Change the first line to:
mount c c:\users\allan\desktop\swdarkf
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

Sorry I didn't see your new question, I had a ridiculously busy week. What Litude wrote is exactly what you should do. Please let us know how it turns out.