Extracting OPL music from The Knights of the Grail

Discuss game modding
IllidanS4
4-bit nibble

Extracting OPL music from The Knights of the Grail

Post by IllidanS4 »

Hi, I am trying to extract music from the game The Knights of the Grail [link replaced] by Centauri Production. The music is played in the OPL format. I was able to extract the music in the game's own format, but now I don't know where to start in converting the music to a better format (preferably DRO). Can anyone help? You can find the data here. Thanks.
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Re: Extracting OPL music from The Knights of the Grail

Post by MrFlibble »

I'm sorry, but a download link to an unspecified (possibly illegal) version of a game is not allowed here. If you can post a link to a legal download (e.g. a demo, shareware version or a legally freeware release), please do so with an explanation of what type of file you are linking to.

Thank you.

[Edit] I will leave the link to the extracted music data for now, but please mind that technically this is also not legal to extract and distribute parts of a copyrighted work.
Malvineous
8-bit mega nerd

Re: Extracting OPL music from The Knights of the Grail

Post by Malvineous »

Those files are all compressed. The first four bytes look like a UINT32LE giving the length of the decompressed data. You'll have to figure out how to decompress them before you can go any further.