Out Of This World / Another World question...?

Requests for games to be added to the site
ilovedos
Less than a nibble

Out Of This World / Another World question...?

Post by ilovedos »

Hi there,

(apologies if this has been discussed, I didn't have luck finding a thread about it searching the forum or doing a site-specific google search) -

I've just realised that the Out Of This World game on this site seems to be a version with only the intro available? (Does that mean quite a few games here are only a very limited shareware version?)

I wonder if you guys think that the full version might be available here sometime?

Or are you avoiding making the full version available here, due to the fact that this game can still be purchased from the developer - to allow the developer to still sell the game and receive income from it. Understandable if so.

Thanks! :)
Calvero
5-bit member

Re: Out Of This World / Another World question...?

Post by Calvero »

The highest ideals of this site are to support the authors by providing links to their web sites and ordering information for the full versions of games that are still sold, and to encourage the authors of classic games to preserve their games for future generations by making them available for sale or as freeware. If you enjoy a shareware game, please consider buying it from the author.

All of the games on this site are freely distributable because they are shareware, freeware, or because the copyright holder has officially and legally released all rights to the public domain (abandonware).
Source of the quote
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Post by MrFlibble »

ilovedos wrote:I've just realised that the Out Of This World game on this site seems to be a version with only the intro available? (Does that mean quite a few games here are only a very limited shareware version?)
The demo version is actually interactive, but it has a little idiosyncrasy in that it does not give a hint at when the interactive part starts (it's after the main character gets teleported; you need to quickly swim up by pressing the Up key IIRC).
ilovedos
Less than a nibble

Post by ilovedos »

Aha, I did poke around at a bit more information about this site and eventually I saw the quote mentioned. It's cool actually that support is still being given to those who made these games.

Yup, I managed to get through the first little bit of the game and that's how I realised it was the shareware version, haha. It is pretty cool (especially for its time) the way the game morphs from the intro, to the start of the playable part.