Looking for a medieval/fantasy based 3d dos FPS

Need help remembering the name of a game you used to play? You've come to the right place!
blinkingboythe
5-bit member

Looking for a medieval/fantasy based 3d dos FPS

Post by blinkingboythe »

Several years ago, I played a game that kind of resembled the look of Corridor 7 (the engine was like the Wolfenstein engine, but allowed paper-thin walls) but was medieval/fantasy based. I remember that you played a wizard and had to run back and forth and get objects. I don't remeber the name at all, but I remember that it was a Dos FPS. Does this ring a bell with anyone? Thanks.
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Re: Looking for a medieval/fantasy based 3d dos FPS

Post by MrFlibble »

Here's a few guesses (in no particular order):
Thor's Hammer
Legends of Valour
The Catacomb Abyss
The Elder Scrolls: Arena

That is, assuming that by "resembled the Wolfenstein 3-D engine" you mean that there were only 90 degree walls.

Also I think it could have been a Pie in the Sky 3D Game Creation System game. There were plenty of those, maybe one or more were about a wizard.
blinkingboythe
5-bit member

Post by blinkingboythe »

Thanks
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Post by MrFlibble »

Which one is it? Or none of those?
blinkingboythe
5-bit member

Post by blinkingboythe »

I checked through them and unfortunately, it was none of those. Upon further reflection, the game Im looking for had to do with witches and I think the player was a witch as well. Not Witchhaven, of course :)
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Post by MrFlibble »

blinkingboythe wrote:Upon further reflection, the game Im looking for had to do with witches and I think the player was a witch as well.
While the player character is not a witch, Nitemare-3D is probably worth checking. Also try Hexx: Heresy of the Wizard.
blinkingboythe
5-bit member

Post by blinkingboythe »

HEXX looks very familiar to me. It might be the game I am looking for (will check it out later)

Edit: Just checked out the HEXX game and while it was not the game I was trying to find, it was a very good title none of the less :) . Looking forward to playing it some more. I downloaded the demo from archive.org