Wolf3D pacman mod? [Pacstein]

These requests for help have been resolved, but they may help you find a game that you're looking for
Malvineous
8-bit mega nerd

Wolf3D pacman mod? [Pacstein]

Post by Malvineous »

Hi all,

Many years ago I remember attending a local computer club and seeing someone playing Wolfenstein 3D. They were running through the level with no-clipping on, and whenever they got to an open area there would be yellow munching Pac-Man sprites all over the place.

I know there are Easter eggs in Wolf3D that show the ghosts from Pac-Man, but I've never seen an actual Pac-Man in the game.

Does anyone know if this was some kind of mod that was around not long after the game was released?
Last edited by Malvineous on November 30th, 2013, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Re: Wolf3D pacman mod?

Post by MrFlibble »

Likely one of those Gary Acord games (Pacstein maybe).
Malvineous
8-bit mega nerd

Re: Wolf3D pacman mod?

Post by Malvineous »

Wow interesting, that's a lot of mods there I had no idea existed! The Pac-Men look exactly as I remember, but the rest of the game looks unfamiliar. I'm not sure whether that means it was some other mod, an early version, or whether I just didn't notice at the time because Wolf3D was the only game that looked like that!

Either way I think that's probably it, so many thanks :-)
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Re: Wolf3D pacman mod? [Pacstein]

Post by MrFlibble »

Gary Acord's "mods" are actually mostly compilations of other people's stuff, read more here.
Malvineous
8-bit mega nerd

Re: Wolf3D pacman mod? [Pacstein]

Post by Malvineous »

Ha, interesting. Glad I'm not the only one who found most of those mods rather tacky.