Do you know game 4-get-it?

Requests for games to be added to the site
robert
5-bit member

Do you know game 4-get-it?

Post by robert »

Hi everyone, I'm new in the forum. I'm sorry if my english is not so good, I'm from Argentina. Anyway, the question is: do you know the game 4-get-it? Have you ever played it?

4-get-it is a remake of Puzznic, made in 1992, it is funny and interesting. It has more different blocks to match, and more special blocks, like a sticky block, a transferable block, or an "antigravity" block. There is time limit in every level (except the first 10 levels), which makes it harder. Also in some levels the blocks start floating, and when you do a move they fall down. comes in two versions, the Pc and the Amiga version.

Here are some pics:

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

The Pc version is no longer available in the Internet, but the amiga version is. If you are interested in trying it please PM or post a reply. This is one of my favourite games ever.

Bye bye

EDIT: I've recently seen how this works :lol: , if the administrator or someone else is reading this, I think this game could be added to the games list of the site. It's freeware, as far as I know, if you are interested please PM me. Thanks
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Re: Do you know game 4-get-it?

Post by DOSGuy »

It was actually commercial software, so it would be illegal for me to put it on the site at the moment. I was able to contact one of the graphic designers, and I've left a message with the creator and another of the graphic/level designers. It seems that TTR was owned by a single person, who is almost certainly the copyright holder now. I'm hoping that one of my three contacts can tell me who the copyright holder is so that I can get the game declared freeware.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
robert
5-bit member

Post by robert »

Oh, ok I didn't know it. I'm sorry. I love the game that I just wanted other people know it if they didn't before :oops: . Well, when they answer you please tell what did they told you. I didn't know anything about the company, there comes a .NFO file with the game that says the people who collaborated with the creation of the game. I thought they weren't making any other games.

Thanks for telling me
Malvineous
8-bit mega nerd

Post by Malvineous »

@DOSGuy: Wow, how on Earth can you manage to find and contact the original people just like that? You must have some amazing skills at tracking people down. Remind me never to borrow money from you ;-)
robert
5-bit member

Post by robert »

Hi!

Is there any news about the game? I mean if the authors could been contacted.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

I reached one person by phone and gave him my email address. That address no longer works, so I guess I'll have to phone him again.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

So yeah, I totally forgot to follow up on this. I just talked to the creator of the DOS version's mother (presumably) and she will give him my email address. I also called my contact who did graphics for the Amiga version, and he was able to get me the name of the copyright holder, who I have just messaged on Facebook. I think we're getting close now.
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Post by MrFlibble »

Wow, that's what I call extensive efforts! :D
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

Okay, Todd Butson (owner of T.T.R. Development, Inc.) has agreed, in principle, to declare 4-Get-It! and every other TTR game freeware. He asserts that he will retain his copyright on the games (he is not declaring the games public domain), so I'll walk him through either picking a (probably Creative Commons) freeware license, or he can create his own freeware license with any conditions he wants.

Unfortunately, he doesn't have a copy of 4-Get-It or any other TTR game to give me for the site, and has asked for the community's help archiving TTR's game library.
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Post by MrFlibble »

Nice! Hopefully the games themselves will be found soon :)
robert
5-bit member

Post by robert »

Okay, Todd Butson (owner of T.T.R. Development, Inc.) has agreed, in principle, to declare 4-Get-It! and every other TTR game freeware. He asserts that he will retain his copyright on the games (he is not declaring the games public domain), so I'll walk him through either picking a (probably Creative Commons) freeware license, or he can create his own freeware license with any conditions he wants.

Unfortunately, he doesn't have a copy of 4-Get-It or any other TTR game to give me for the site, and has asked for the community's help archiving TTR's game library
Well... totally forgot to follow up this too :lol: . I have now the original files, I've recently downloaded them from a russian site called oldgames.ru, if it helps I can upload a copy. Also if you can have the license it would be great! Need some help?
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

Thanks robert! Under the circumstances, you can attach the files directly to this thread and I'll follow up with Mr. Butson about the license.
robert
5-bit member

Post by robert »

I'm uploading a copy tommorrow ;)
robert
5-bit member

Post by robert »

Here is the copy:
4_Get_It.rar
4Getit(PC).ace
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Post by MrFlibble »

That's very nice of you. Thanks a lot! :D