No votes
1 (lowest)
No votes

Total votes: 0

AutoAdmin
Forum Administrator

Skunny

Post by AutoAdmin »

Feel free to rate and discuss this game.
If RGB Classic Games matters to you, tell someone!
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Re: Skunny

Post by MrFlibble »

Hmm, apparently the full title of this game is Skunny: Special Edition, and unlike the other games in the series, it had been actually developed by a different company. This game is also reportedly considered superior to the other instalments.

[Edit] BTW, this game isn't even mentioned on Copysoft's home page.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

According to my research, the game was developed by "Magic Touch", a brand owned by Edisys SCRL. Edisys called themselves "Copysoft" in the previous instalments, but Copysoft's address in the "Ordering" section of each game matches the address given for Edisys in other files, many of which list Edisys as the copyright holder. Atomic Entertainment was only a publisher of Skunny.

Also, copysoft.com is NOT the official website of Copysoft. I contacted the owner of that domain in 2007, and David Snell of American Computer Technologies replied:
The original developers of the Skunny series disappeared a number of years ago and have been unreachable. We were/are the authorized US distributors of the games thus the copysoft.com website.
I see that copysoft.com now claims that "Copysoft is a division of American Computer Technologies", but when copysoft.com was listing itself as being for sale, ACT would only discuss selling the domain, not the rights to the Skunny games (presumably because they don't own them). I assume there's no law against ACT creating a division called Copysoft, and no chance of civil liability since no one else is using that brand any more, but I'm pretty sure that they still don't own the rights to the Skunny games, only the right to sell the games in the United States.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Post by MrFlibble »

Ahh, thanks for the clarification :)