No votes
1 (lowest)
No votes

Total votes: 1

AutoAdmin
Forum Administrator

Mice Maze

Post by AutoAdmin »

Feel free to rate and discuss this game.
If RGB Classic Games matters to you, tell someone!
js9874
Less than a nibble

Re: Mice Maze

Post by js9874 »

This is my all-time favorite Soleau game!

And I've been playing (registered versions) of Soleau's many wonderful games since mid-1995.

I've spent many many hours playing Mice Maze. And, indeed, it TAKES many many hours to play even the first layer of this game -- let alone the second layer (where the rooms are not identified and you have to create the 6x6 complex of rooms yourself). Even with all the hours I've played this game over the years, I've never managed to complete it!

The main "trick" for playing the first layer of Mice Maze is to keep careful track of the room you're currently in AND of all the rooms you've already been in. It also helps to keep track of other critical info, including how many cats appear in each room -- because you will probably have to go through some rooms 2-3 times and guessing your odds of surviving each room helps you choose your route.

The main "trick" for playing the second layer is to draw each unidentified room as you stand ready to enter it, specifically to show which walls have/do not have doors. Then you try to guess how those outlined rooms fit together and into the overall 6x6 grid.

I hope this review will encourage others to try this great game.

js9874