Pop Software is not fulfilling orders *UPDATED*

Discuss classic PC games
StimpYJCatZ
Less than a nibble

Re: Pop Software is not fulfilling orders *UPDATED*

Post by StimpYJCatZ »

hi

a friend just sent me the link to this site
i had a similar problem when trying to buy the game times ago- i cant find the site anymore but i payed via paypal and have never been sent a copy of the game
also searching google didnt really help me ^^ the only thing i found is that the game where still shareware

now im wondering if you may help me too ;)

(sorry for my bad english ^^)

ps.: - if not - is there any possibility now to get the game on a 'safe' way? - as i said i cant even find the online-shop anymore

lg
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

I have sent you the full version of the games, per Mike Pooler's instructions to fulfill orders on his behalf.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
StimpYJCatZ
Less than a nibble

Post by StimpYJCatZ »

thank you ;)
Bubba11793
Less than a nibble

Post by Bubba11793 »

Hi,

I to paid for the game. Is there anyway you can send to me? I tried to contact Mike back in Spring of 08, but had no luck. I've been a long time gametalk regular, and know how Mike is when it comes to deadlines and promises. It has always been impossible to contact him. Even the moderators at Gametalk can't reach him half the time,

Heh, it was interesting reading this thread watching it play out on this side, whilst I watched it play out on Gametalk back in 08.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

I've sent you a copy of the games. This is the sixth order I've fulfilled for him.

Yes, Mike Pooler is very difficult to reach. He hasn't replied to my emails in a long time, but I sometimes get updates from a GameTalk administrator. GameTalk itself has been down for months for the big upgrade to 2.0, and I can't even reach it today.

By the way, I thought this was pretty funny. I tried to send you the games and I got a failure notice that said "Our system detected an illegal attachment on your message. Please visit http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answ ... nswer=6590 to review our attachment guidelines." I was able to defeat the check by changing the extension to .doc, but this strikes me as very odd:
Google wrote:As a security measure to prevent potential viruses, Gmail doesn't allow you to send or receive executable files (such as files ending in .exe) that could contain damaging executable code.
Well, first of all, I was able to send potential viruses anyway by changing the extension. If the recipient is dumb enough to run an attachment without scanning it for viruses, they would probably be dumb enough to change the extension when I tell them to. Second... why not just scan the attachment for viruses? I could understand a blanket ban on certain file extensions if there was no way to know if they contained viruses, but nowadays we have these nifty programs that can tell you if a file has a virus in it! </rant>
Bubba11793
Less than a nibble

Post by Bubba11793 »

Thanks a lot man. Will finally enjoy the games. The gmail thing is pretty dumb. I have a yahoo account and it scans for viruses, pretty lame that gmail doesn't.

Gametalk being down today is what sparked my interest to further pursue Spacebats. 5 minutes into googleing and I came across here. I remember this site from when Mike linked here from gametalk.

Just wondering, is the administrator you mentioned 'Ragu o Ragula'?
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

I don't know what his username is.
ederic
Less than a nibble

Post by ederic »

Hello, I am from the Philippines.

I used to enjoy playing Bats with my college friends. Spacebats is still down. Is there a still way I can purchase the games? :-)
Danjb
Less than a nibble

Post by Danjb »

I would also really like a copy of this great game and the sequel, if at all possible.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

The Space Bats games can no longer be purchased. If you paid money for Space Bats and didn't receive it, I'm authorized to send you a copy. Otherwise, you're out of luck. Sorry.
Danjb
Less than a nibble

Post by Danjb »

What, so now no-one else can get the game... ever!?
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

That is sadly the case for the vast majority of DOS games. Once the author stops selling it, there is no legal way to acquire it.
Danjb
Less than a nibble

Post by Danjb »

I'd have thought the authors would be happy that their games are still being played.
theruler
Less than a nibble

Post by theruler »

Are there any chances to pay NOW and get the game? I would greatly like to legally play the game and have the final version (3.2?).

Any advice/paypal link welcome
Cheers
Stefano