Thanks for bringing this forum up again

Discuss just about anything else
Hisymak
4-bit nibble

Thanks for bringing this forum up again

Post by Hisymak »

Hi, I'm happy see this forum and all those interesting posts and stuff again after so long downtime. I hope it won't be taken down again.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Re: Thanks for bringing this forum up again

Post by DOSGuy »

You're welcome! It's long overdue.

I'm surprised that anyone found it this fast. Out of curiosity, what caused you to check?

I haven't made a public announcement yet. I'm going to wait a few days to allow humans and bots to find it to see if the server can handle the load. If it can't, I'll have to try something else. If all goes well, the forum is back permanently! :)
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
Hisymak
4-bit nibble

Post by Hisymak »

DOSGuy wrote: January 19th, 2021, 5:28 pm I'm surprised that anyone found it this fast. Out of curiosity, what caused you to check?
I have this forum in my bookmarks (along with PCKF, Doomworld and several others) which I'm visiting and checking regularly for new posts etc. I didn't delete this forum bookmark and still clicked it anyway because I hoped it would come up again at some time... and it actually did. What a surprise.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

I'm glad it worked out.
Malvineous
8-bit mega nerd

Post by Malvineous »

Wow amazing, I clicked on an old link thinking it wouldn't work and I'd need to update it, but lo and behold the site was up! I checked my RSS reader as I thought it was still telling me the site was down but sure enough new forum posts have been coming through since Jan 20! Just as well I never got around to removing that subscription :D

Thanks for getting the forum up and running again!
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

I just wish it had happened sooner! Server CPU usage seems to be under control, so I think it's safe to say that the forum can stay. :)