Titus the Fox

Requests for games to be added to the site
Frenkel
5-bit member

Titus the Fox

Post by Frenkel »

I just found out there exists a demo version of Titus the Fox: https://archive.org/details/Disk7
It's just one level, but this level isn't in the full game and it shows all the mechanics of this game nicely.
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Re: Titus the Fox

Post by MrFlibble »

Nice! Do you know if it was originally distributed online or on disks?
Frenkel
5-bit member

Post by Frenkel »

Do you mean the demo or the full version?
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Post by MrFlibble »

The demo of course.

I'm currently unable to access archive.org so I can't check the demo version myself. Could you tell what kind of documentation it has (if any)? Software license, vendor info etc. If it was distributed on disks with electronic distribution modes unclear, does it require the CD to be in the drive or other forms of copy protection? (for the avoidance of doubt, I mean the demo version you have linked to, not the full retail version)
K1n9_Duk3
4-bit nibble

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

The demo on that disk does not come with any text files at all. The game itself does not say "demo" anywhere except the file name of the main program (DEMO.COM). I just started the demo and walked around the first level a bit, no sign of copy protection there. It's a bazar-style level. I haven't played the full game either, so I cannot say if that level is in the full game, but I remember the first level of the full game being a modern city and not a middle-east bazar.

These are the files in the FOX directory:

DEMO.COM
FONTS.SQZ
KEYB.SQZ
LEVELD.SQZ
MENU.SQZ
MENUEGA.SQZ
SPREXP.SQZ
TITRE.SQZ
TITREEGA.SQZ
TITUS.SQZ
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Post by MrFlibble »

Thanks!
Frenkel
5-bit member

Post by Frenkel »

It came on a disk.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Post by MrFlibble »

Recently I took a plunge into those PC Format coverdisks, there's some nice stuff out there, including a rare demo of Alien Breed (again, looks like an exclusive level). That particular disk is only available via torrents which I don't use but the demo ended up at cd.textfiles: ALIENDEM.ZIP.