Help for finishing 'Wrath of Earth"

Discuss classic PC games
Dark-Star
Less than a nibble

Help for finishing 'Wrath of Earth"

Post by Dark-Star »

ello DOS gamers one and all. I'm pretty new here, but I have an old problem - namely that I can't get past a certain spot in the game from the now-defunct (i think) company ADDIX. It was called 'Wrath of Earth' or WOE for short. Following is a description of the level I'm stuck on.

I come out of a turbolift and get a communication in the HUD cam saying 'the exhaust vents are open, close and repressurize'. I fight my way into a shuttle bay with a small spaceship/shuttle docked there. After a short search I knock off a guard robot and pull a lever that closes the vents, Next I find a large door (think garage-door size) that leads to a section of the bulding with a TON of pipes and three large wheels that I can turn.

The previous levels were, in order;
1.Your drop ship is hit by a missile and you eject at the last moment. You (the player) then gather up five seismic bombs in an icy terrain, battling dozens of enemy robots and the freezing temperatures. Finally you stagger into a battered old train station and board the still-working monorail train.

2.After entering a heavily guarded building, you fight your way to different locations to plant the five bombs and leave the area via a turbolift.

--------------------
So I've shut the stupid vents, but can't figure out what to do next, especially with the three wheels where all the piping is. Is there a certain sequence I need to use, a specific way of aligning them, both? Help? Anyone beat this level?

One last thing: I've been told to use the cheats one has to 'start the game with the WOE TranSend command line'. This has proved to me a 'Microsoft answer': correct but useless. Just how do you DO that?! Any specifics on this would be appreciated.

Until this point I've been a knight in high-tech armor - helping the survivors in any way possible, destroying every last robot, alien, and enslaved colonist. Not once have I even shot -at- a survivor; they have made it through hell on earth for years until help arrived. I'd like to continue that noble cause and beat these *&%^ aliens once and for all!

---Also, the game is giving me very bad dreams (and that creepy music!...) I want to finish it -ASAP- in order to say "there! I beat that game!" and get rid of it. So could you please lend a hand?
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

Sounds like you've had quite an ordeal. I haven't been able to find a walkthrough to help with your situation, but I can answer the transend question.

"Transend" is a command line option. Assuming that the executable is still called woe.exe, you literally type "woe transend" at the command prompt.

During the game, press [Shift] [Escape] to enter cheat mode. Then type:

[Z] : God mode
: All weapons
[M] : Full map
[C] : Clipping toggle
: Level warp (press [Esc] and the level number)
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
Dark-Star
Less than a nibble

Post by Dark-Star »

Well I think it's time I replied...

I searched every inch and tried every possible combination of the three wheels. After much frustration I have concluded the level had a bug. This would be entirely possible as WOE wasn't quite bugfree when released. I used the 'clipping' cheat to slip through and finished the rest of the game honestly.

Still, if anyone figures out how to get past this part the normal way, record a movie of you doing it in Dosbox, pm me for email address and I'll have a cash reward waiting.
Radioactiveburns
Less than a nibble

Re: Help for finishing 'Wrath of Earth"

Post by Radioactiveburns »

Is that reward still good? I've figured out the combo, no video needed.