Need help finding an early 90's PC 3D triangle shooter.

Need help remembering the name of a game you used to play? You've come to the right place!
Sinopaa
Less than a nibble

Need help finding an early 90's PC 3D triangle shooter.

Post by Sinopaa »

Ok, so I'll try to give some info that might help in figuring out what the heck this game was called. It was released in the early 90's for the PC. I know that it wasn't a big name game, as everyone I ask about it gives me blank stares. The only things that I remember was that you were a sideways white 3D pyramid that moved around the screen shooting stationary blue pyramids and avoiding red ones, as they were instant death in a puzzle like setting. I do remember that the whole thing was in really early looking 3D, nothing was 2D in it. You could move in only 4 directions. The best way to somewhat imagine the view of it would be the sphere bonus stages from Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

They had these other pyramids that came after you that you had to shoot down that killed you if they touched you. The only 2 enemies I can remember are a greenish zombie pyramid that took several shots to kill, and an orange pyramid that was real big and split apart when shot. I also recall that it was one of the first games I ever saw that used FMV cut-scenes as well. If you can, please help me figure this one out. It's been tormenting me for over 10 years now... :(
rainwarrior
4-bit nibble

Re: Need help finding an early 90's PC 3D triangle shooter.

Post by rainwarrior »

Maybe Silpheed? It had a polygon art style, and some interesting intro animations.
https://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/silpheed