Prince of Persia working only with gamepad on DOSBox

The place to ask for technical support and offer assistance
Elia1995
Less than a nibble

Prince of Persia working only with gamepad on DOSBox

Post by Elia1995 »

I'm having a weird issue with Prince of Persia mods and DOSBox: I can move the character only with the gamepad, arrow keys on keyboard don't do anything, but ESC still pauses the game and space shows the remaining time, so the keyboard still gets detected.
I'm having this glitch with the original game and with mods too, only on DOSBox, the mods play fine with the keyboard on my Pentium.

Now, even starting DOSBox with the gamepad unplugged still does the glitch, because it detects the SCP Driver I use for my PS3 controller and automatically loads the XInput.
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Re: Prince of Persia working only with gamepad on DOSBox

Post by MrFlibble »

You can turn off the joystick in dosbox.conf (joysticktype=none).
K1n9_Duk3
4-bit nibble

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

You should also be able to use CTRL + K to switch to keyboard mode and CTRL + J to switch to joystick mode (if a joystick is detected) in the game itself.
Elia1995
Less than a nibble

Post by Elia1995 »

Thanks guys, using the shortcuts K1n9_Duk3 said worked fine.
I prefer to not disable the joystick completely in the conf file, because I want to use the controller with other games (like One Must Fall 2097, for example).
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Post by MrFlibble »

You can always create individual conf files custom-tailored for each game, but then again if you can disable the joystick in options then of course why not use this solution.

BTW, are you aware of SDLPoP? This was produced by reverse engineering and should be as accurate to the DOS version as it gets.
Elia1995
Less than a nibble

Post by Elia1995 »

MrFlibble wrote: October 24th, 2018, 5:52 am BTW, are you aware of SDLPoP? This was produced by reverse engineering and should be as accurate to the DOS version as it gets.
Now that you told me, yes, thanks :D