Any way to zoom in DN1EDIT 3.0 ?

Discuss game modding
Elia1995
Less than a nibble

Any way to zoom in DN1EDIT 3.0 ?

Post by Elia1995 »

I have a 4K monitor and the workspace is extremely tiny when I try to work with DN1EDIT 3.0 (which by the way works just fine in Windows 10 x64, despite being 20 years old!).

I already set the DPI of the program to match the System one, so it got a TINY BIT larger, but the map and tiles are very tiny and hard to see, it's a very easy program to use, but that issue makes it very frustrating, also I can't find any newer version at all anywhere, despit it being "Incomplete" in the help window.

I ended up using the 2.0 version on DOS, but my Pentium machine has no mouse support (yet! I have to get a working PCI serial card) and on DOSBox is also very tiny, if I put DOSBox in fullscreen, the cursor flies all over the place...

So is there perhaps any shortcut combination I'm not aware of in DN1EDIT 3.0 to just zoom ?!
K1n9_Duk3
4-bit nibble

Re: Any way to zoom in DN1EDIT 3.0 ?

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

You can use the built-in zooming of Windows 10 by holding down the Windows key and hitting the + or - key on your keyboard.
Elia1995
Less than a nibble

Re: Any way to zoom in DN1EDIT 3.0 ?

Post by Elia1995 »

Of course! The magnifier, how couldn't I have thought of that :?

By the way, I didn't know there was a shortcut to instantly open it, thanks!

While it's not the ideal solution, it's still a viable workaround to be able to use this program on my 4K monitor, I really like DN1EDIT because it's very easy to use to begin with, I hope we can get a more modern-compatible and with more features one, maybe a built-in mod/project manager of some sort, as well as different zoom levels can be a start...