Crystal Caves remake/clone - Looking for the font

Discuss coding, porting and creating games
Elkondo
Less than a nibble

Crystal Caves remake/clone - Looking for the font

Post by Elkondo »

I'm trying to clone/remake Crystal Caves using GODOT engine in my spare time. No reverse-engineering, just remaking stuff from observation and tweaking some values so they feel better. I'm now looking for the font used in menus/popups and status bar. I could rip it myself from screenshots, but maybe someone's already done it or maybe it's some default font I can't find?

Here's what I have so far in case you're interested, unfinished level with one enemy and some placeholders plus a second test level.
ctrl, alt, arrows, space changes gravity.
http://puu.sh/A0awR/4f01f6a73c.zip
K1n9_Duk3
4-bit nibble

Re: Crystal Caves remake/clone - Looking for the font

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

Here you go:
cc1-f1.mni.png
cc1-f2.mni.png
cc1-spl.mni.png
You could also use tools like "Wombat" to extract/convert the remaining graphics yourself if you need to.

BTW: I just downloaded your archive. Isn't a 27 MB executable a bit overkill for a game that was originally around 370 kB in total? ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Elkondo
Less than a nibble

Re: Crystal Caves remake/clone - Looking for the font

Post by Elkondo »

Thanks a lot!
And yeah, it is, but currently I don't think I can make it any lower unless I changed the engine. And it's not what I want, since I started this project to learn this engine. On the plus side, I don't think it'll get much larger by the end.