[Release] Vinyl Goddess from Mars Level editor + level pack

Discuss game modding
Hisymak
4-bit nibble

[Release] Vinyl Goddess from Mars Level editor + level pack

Post by Hisymak »

Hello! Some time ago I came up here with full release of Hocus Pocus Level Editor. Now it's time to announce another level editor from my hands: Vinyl Goddess from Mars level editor!
Vinyl Goddess from Mars is another great game of my childhood, just like Hocus Pocus. I liked it especially for its awesome and nature-themed graphics, catchy music, dynamic gameplay and of course the pretty heroine. So it became the best candidate to make another level editor for. I like making level editors for such games, and in this case I needed to do (much, but not all) reverse engineering of the level format so it was even more fun for me.

Additionally, I'm now coming up also with a mod I made with the editor: A level pack with two brand new custom levels for this game!
I probably should have made this already also for Hocus Pocus, but I am personally not very good at mapping and designing levels and I just had no inspiration to make anything for Hocus Pocus. But I like VGMF so much and it has so gorgeous eyecandy graphics so I could not resist to make some good forest-themed level with use of all the tileset capabilities that were not used in any original level. The second level is actually a remake of a level from other game, you will be definitely surprised.
And in the end, this is definitely a good way to promote the editor's and modding possibilities for this game!

Download editor:
Here
This time the editor comes with a readme file with some basic tips and instructions how to do things.

Download level pack:
Here

Video/screen from level pack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GWeph9MhSY

Screenshots from editor
Last edited by Hisymak on October 12th, 2016, 1:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hisymak
4-bit nibble

Re: [Release] Vinyl Goddess from Mars Level editor + custom level pack mod

Post by Hisymak »

Update: Level editor is now finished! Also created a custom level pack mod. Added into first post.
Dykema
Less than a nibble

Re: [Release] Vinyl Goddess from Mars Level editor + custom level pack mod

Post by Dykema »

Hisymak wrote: April 16th, 2016, 4:46 pm Update: Level editor is now finished! Also created a custom Proextender review site and a level pack mod. Added into first post.
Thanks man the mod is awesome.