im not sure if this is a dos game, but please help!

Need help remembering the name of a game you used to play? You've come to the right place!
secuono
Less than a nibble

im not sure if this is a dos game, but please help!

Post by secuono »

i used to play this a long time ago, you would type in what you wanted the person to do and they would. go up the stairs, open the last door, go to book case. take out red book. i dont remember the rest. i dont know what it is or anything. does anyone know the name of this game or anything of it? thanks
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

Games like this are known as interactive fiction. There are about a thousand games in the Interactive Fiction Archive, but it would help if you could remember what computer or operating system you played it on. Even the year would narrow down the choices.

The game doesn't sound like the Colossal Cave Adventure (aka Adventure), which was the first of its kind and was ported to almost every computer system ever created. I don't recall a bookcase or a red book in that game. Since it's not Adventure, there's a strong chance that it's one of the Zork games, which sold millions of copies in the 70s and 80s. Because the Zork Trilogy, and dozens of other games from Infocom, used an interpreter to load the game from a data file, those games were also ported to almost every computer that existed at the time, and to this day. If you can write an interpreter for it, you can play Infocom games on it.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
secuono
Less than a nibble

Post by secuono »

it was on my dads old win 98 pc, i think it was about 10 yrs ago, but im not too sure.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

The age of text adventures was pretty much over by then, so you were probably playing an old game. That means that it was likely a DOS game, or a game that had an interpreter that was ported to DOS. I'm just assuming that this was a text game because you didn't say otherwise. Were there graphics as well?
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
secuono
Less than a nibble

Post by secuono »

yea, you were in a 2 level house with i think 2 rooms upstairs. in one of them there was a bookcase and a 4post bed. :?:
E.K.Virtanen
5-bit member

Re: im not sure if this is a dos game, but please help!

Post by E.K.Virtanen »

Sounds somehow familiar for me. I am extremely busy but take a look at here --> http://ascii-world.wikidot.com/games
__Maybe__ its there, cant remember.
Something funny should read here?