Games not Running in DOS

The place to ask for technical support and offer assistance
johnmdws3
Less than a nibble

Games not Running in DOS

Post by johnmdws3 »

I have been trying to run "Journeyman: Project Turbo" in DOSBOX. Every time I try to run it, I get the error "This program cannot be run in DOS mode". I searched the "*.exe" files and there are only 2, the "UNINST.EXE" and the "DOSBOX.EXE" files, both files give me that error. I searched for the "*.bat" files as well, and there is five, but the one to run the game is "#PLAY~1". When I type it in the command line, after all the directories are loaded until the point where it is located, I get the same error. When I try running the program from the shortcut, which starts DOSBOX, loads the game and everything, it asks for the location of the CD and says the CD not found. Please help me get this great game to run.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Re: Games not Running in DOS

Post by DOSGuy »

It looks like you're trying to run a copy of DOSBox from within DOSBox, which will definitely cause you to see a message that DOSBox can't be run in DOS mode. If DOSBox and the uninstaller are the only executable files you can see, the question is, where's the game? The batch file knows where it is, so try opening the batch file in Notepad or write "type #PLAY~1.bat" to see what it's doing and where the game actually is. Since this is a CD-ROM game, you'll need to mount the folder its in as a CD-ROM drive with the command "mount [d] [folder] -t cdrom". Post the contents of the batch file and we should be able to help you out.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
mike
Less than a nibble

Post by mike »

I have been trying to play Heartlight but it doesn't seem to be working. I already updated my java software. Here the link I'm using https://www.classicdosgames.com/online/hl.html
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe
Jesus Christ!hehe

Just a friendly check it also doesn't seem to work on my end.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

Works fine for me. Is this the only game that you can't play?
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.