1 (lowest)
No votes

Total votes: 8

kilodude
Classic Game Author

Re: Xargon

Post by kilodude »

DOSGuy wrote:
MrFlibble wrote:On another note, if you haven't already, you should really consider writing down your recollections of Xargon's development (and/or of any other of your projects as well) and publishing them via your site or here. That would certainly be of great historical interest :D
Well... there was talk of an interview for the site. 8-) I can resend the questions and the recollections you had already sent me if you need them, Allen. :)
Yeah, I know. Maybe we can cover why I'm so busy. You've been so gracious to me and I really do plan on doing that. You may have noticed I'm spending more time here and it's encouraging to hear the comments from people in the forum.
-Allen, Game Designer/Programmer of "Kiloblaster" and "Xargon." Game Design for "Super ZZTs: Monster Zoo" and bonus levels of "Snarf."
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

kilodude wrote:Yeah, I know. Maybe we can cover why I'm so busy. You've been so gracious to me and I really do plan on doing that. You may have noticed I'm spending more time here and it's encouraging to hear the comments from people in the forum.
It took me over two years to send you the questions, and you've had less than two years to answer, so I really can't complain!

I bought my first house last year and I learned that, once you own a house, you will never have any free time again. There's always yard work to do, rooms to clean and repairs to make. I feel bad that I have so little time to work on the site now. I can certainly sympathize with anyone who feels busy, and we certainly appreciate you sharing your Xargon artwork and stories!
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Post by MrFlibble »

Could you please clarify if the game is allowed to be distributed by other sites apart from RGB Classic Games or not? The license does not specifically mention any distribution terms.
kilodude
Classic Game Author

Post by kilodude »

MrFlibble wrote:Could you please clarify if the game is allowed to be distributed by other sites apart from RGB Classic Games or not? The license does not specifically mention any distribution terms.
Feel free to make it available from your site. I made it free so more people can enjoy it so I'm good with that. Thanks.
-Allen, Game Designer/Programmer of "Kiloblaster" and "Xargon." Game Design for "Super ZZTs: Monster Zoo" and bonus levels of "Snarf."
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Post by MrFlibble »

Great, thanks for the clarification! ^_^
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Re: Xargon - Thanks to Mr Allen Pilgrim, Sir. God gave me a chance to talk to the producer himself!

Post by developertn »

Jesus Christ!hehe

I have to say all the games are my favourite since I started my programming career about a 8 months ago.

I know how hard it is to make a complete game.

I am only good at demo.
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Post by MrFlibble »

Someone has created a set of maps for all the levels:
http://www.zerker.ca/zzone/category/maps/xargon/
kilodude
Classic Game Author

Post by kilodude »

MrFlibble wrote:Someone has created a set of maps for all the levels:
http://www.zerker.ca/zzone/category/maps/xargon/
Thanks. I found these a while back and meant to post the link. I love seeing what all the levels look like. It's amazing how different they look when playing the game.
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Re: Xargon - JESUS

Post by developertn »

Well not only is the producer Mr. Sir Allen Pilgrim a caring person although he doesn't know me he also made a game for kids! :D