JCcompt3 - version 2 (THE WORST)

Discuss coding, porting and creating games
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Re: JCcompt3 - version 2 (THE WORST)

Post by developertn »

Jesus! It doesn't work in MS-DOS 6.22.

It only seems to work in DOSBox 0.74 right now. Sorry.

I'll be checking it out and seeing how to circumvent the problem.
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

Thank you LORD! The problem has been fixed. Remember not to use numbers in your original files since the output are numbers. Also, filenames longer than 8 characters will not work properly. Please do not use the tilda character either - you know that squiggly character? hehe
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6zbpc ... CMP32T.OBJ
http://www.mediafire.com/view/69fxtgl82 ... jccmp32t.c
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0m3kn ... CMP32T.EXE

Thank you for your support!

Honours to my real mom Huong Thi Vu who is again with me this morning in real life!
Honours to my real dad Nguyen Binh Thuy for putting me through school.

Bless my mom Huong Thi Vu for loving me enough to make it a safe environment so I can do my leisure work!
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Post by developertn »

Jesus Christ!hehe

Well, first BLESS Jesus Christ for this one.

Then bless my own mother Huong Thi Vu for always being there for me even when I could care less.
She always loves me even when I hurt her feelings.

In fact, it is because of her constant support that I could come out with this version.

This is the complete version "JCcmp32Z"!

What is special about this is that it has proven to work in MS-DOS 6.22, DOSBox 0.74, and Microsoft Windows XP 32-bit mode.

For those of you who cannot wait on DOS speeds, you are able to max out DOSBox and/or you can use XP mode!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just as an example, I tend to use XP on my machines which runs between 2.5 ghz and 5.0 ghz.

Please remember to use files within 8 characters in length plus a 3 character extension for your input source.

Thank you to my real father Nguyen Binh Thuy for working so hard to give us a place to stay and put the family through school.

Although we did always have good times, these days we are happy for the public support we can get.

Don't get me wrong, we are no where near the starving people who are on the streets.

However I was there myself in 1999 or such time and I know I am priviledge to have a house to stay in.

Even though it is father's day that is coming up, I would like to make it special and dedicate this program to both of them.

Thank you Jesus Christ. :D
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

It would help if I enclosed the official release version :lol:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9dtx9 ... cmp32Z.rar
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

I did a somewhat thorough test of about 275 files. Before batch compression it was about 41.8. After batch compression it was about 30-ish. So you do the math and see there is some savings of space especially over the long hull.
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

Jesus!hehe

I did this version just for the "coolness" of it all hehe. It has a backup record of all your filelist. So if you happen to lost that special FILELIST.CMP you can still retrieve it. Just uncompress the number 0 to FILELIST.CMP and there is your new FILELIST.CMP -

remember ************
This is the filelist that was created last you batch compressed the files.

So if it is not recent enough to match all the numbers it may not work properly and might even output the wrong names!

So please be careful, and don't lose your FILELIST.CMP or any of the numbers. Thank you!!! :!:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d8zag9dmfcgoob1/a.rar
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Post by developertn »

Jesus Christ!hehe

Well, I did a WinRAR compression and compared it with my own JCcompt3 - version 2z - 5pm.

I have to be humble.

WinRAR trashed about 75% of the original length.

My own trashed only 30% of the original length.

That is more about 2X the processing ability.

This is very impressive.

The WinRAR that was donated to me a long time ago also has a ZIP option.

ZIP turns out to be very close to WinRAR power.

This is like comparing a supermarket to a small mom and pop store.

You cannot beat the purchasing power of the giant players.

The best that it can do is to be a member of the local community.

I am fine with that.

I would prefer a small group of true friends and true families over the world and fake people around me.

This is like going to your local bakery and knowing the store owner instead of ordering from a number.

:lol:
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Re: God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Post by MrFlibble »

developertn wrote:ZIP turns out to be very close to WinRAR power.
The ZIP format cannot do a very important thing which WinRAR can: "solid" archives. The concept of a solid archive is that if you have multiple files that you want to compress, the archiver treats them as a single file. So if there are recurring chunks of data across different files, those can be compressed the same way recurring data segments are compressed within a single file. On the other hand, ZIP will only compress individual files and ignore repeating segments in different files.

7-Zip also uses the solid archive method by default.
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

If I had to give myself a grade for JCcompt3 - version 2z - 5pm....................................

That is for you to judge. I tend to develop games and such and just forget about them. In fact, to be honest, I really use WinRAR 3.93 in all situations when possible. After all, I paid a hard earned $29 plus possibly taxes for it a few years ago! I will say that I am a happy camper since it has beat my own compression program by twice the compressed amount at least. I am just not happy that I didn't produce it hehe However, The Holy Bible says to give credit to where it is due. So congratulations to Alexander Roshal for making a better compression ratio than myself. I don't know how you do it, but I am happy. That is like me comparing myself to an engineer; it is not going to happen. I just don't have the funds or more importantly the drive to be an engineer. hehe I would rather do it for the fun. I am happy with the results. My result is like driving 127 miles per hour instead of the professionals who do 225 miles per miles in the NASCAR or 300 in the Drag Races.

Thank you Jesus Christ that at least I enjoy life in a safe manner with my real friends and my real families!!!!!!!!!!!! At least for the rest of my mom's 100 years we are happy together#!! :lol: