Greetings!

Introduce yourself!
Paramultart
Less than a nibble

Greetings!

Post by Paramultart »

Hello everyone. :)
I was linked over here from the 3DRealms forums, and thought I'd join up.
I grew up with a DOS computer, which I still have running in my house, mostly playing Apogee and ID software titles.
Monster Bash still remains to be my favorite game even to this day.
So yeah, that's my introduction. :lol:

- Ryan
Die-Hard DOS Fanatic.
leilei
File Contributor

Re: Greetings!

Post by leilei »

I DONT WANT YOUR BOOTLEG GOLF SHOES YOU SPAMMI mean

Welcome!
ThreeHeadedMonkey
7-bit super nerd

Post by ThreeHeadedMonkey »

Welcome, Ryan!

I also have a DOS computer at home (two, in fact - one's a laptop) and on occasion go back to play the Apogee / id classics. They never get boring, do they?
Chinese checkers. Mashed potatoes! And a tyrannosaurus rex!
Paramultart
Less than a nibble

Post by Paramultart »

ThreeHeadedMonkey wrote:Welcome, Ryan!

I also have a DOS computer at home (two, in fact - one's a laptop) and on occasion go back to play the Apogee / id classics. They never get boring, do they?
No, they don't. :lol:
I have quite an extensive collection of DOS games on my computer, and a decent collection of floppy discs (used to have a bigger collection, lost a lot while moving).

A recent favorite of mine that I came across was Dangerous Dave 2 in the Haunted Mansion.
I had never played that game until recently, but it's really fun and I like it.

Something I always liked or wanted to do since the early 90's was make my own side-scrollers or at least make my own levels for games.
I'm trying to make a Commander Keen 4 mod, but I can't seem to figure out how to use ModKeen, and I can't find any tutorials. Any ideas?

Also, thanks for the welcomes! :D
- Ryan
Die-Hard DOS Fanatic.
ThreeHeadedMonkey
7-bit super nerd

Post by ThreeHeadedMonkey »

Paramultart wrote:I have quite an extensive collection of DOS games on my computer, and a decent collection of floppy discs (used to have a bigger collection, lost a lot while moving).
I got rid of a lot of my floppy disc-based games years ago. I regret that now. Since then, I've slowly begun to rebuild my collection.
Paramultart wrote:A recent favorite of mine that I came across was Dangerous Dave 2 in the Haunted Mansion.
That's my favorite Dangerous Dave game, and the only one developed by id (the first one was just Romero, and the third and fourth games were developed by Softdisk).
Paramultart wrote:I'm trying to make a Commander Keen 4 mod, but I can't seem to figure out how to use ModKeen, and I can't find any tutorials. Any ideas?
You might try here. I'm sure there's some people there willing to help you with any questions you have. You might also like to check out the Public Commander Keen forum where there's a lot of discussion about mods that are currently being developed.
Chinese checkers. Mashed potatoes! And a tyrannosaurus rex!
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

Welcome!