No votes
1 (lowest)
No votes

Total votes: 3

AutoAdmin
Forum Administrator

Clyde's Revenge

Post by AutoAdmin »

Feel free to rate and discuss this game.
Lingyan203
Less than a nibble

Cheats for Clyde's Revenge

Post by Lingyan203 »

Hello,

Are there any cheats for Clyde's Revenge? If so, please tell me. I think I pressed some key that caused me to finish the level without collecting all of the stones, but I don't remember.

Thank you.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

I did a search and couldn't find any cheat codes for Clyde's Revenge. It's possible that some debugging codes were left in by accident, but I don't think any cheat codes would have been placed in the game on purpose. The shareware version doesn't have a notice advertising the ability to skip levels or be invincible if you register, so I can't find any indication of known cheat codes.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
Caribbean Blue
Less than a nibble

Post by Caribbean Blue »

I got in touch with Mike Voss (:D) and he said that he doesn't recall any cheats. There were some cheats for Clyde's Revenge, but he had to take them out before it was finally released. Another interesting thing Mike Voss said... he actually has the source code and the original build of Hocus Pocus in his basement, but that's a bit off topic.
raman22feb1988
6-bit nerd

Post by raman22feb1988 »

Clyde's Revenge all 32 castles finished.
Total time taken is 31 hours 9 minutes
Or 9 days from 23 Sep 2007 through 1 Oct 2007

The castles in Clyde's revenge are not as difficult as I expected.
I was able to finish the game very easily at low speeds.

Clyde's Revenge, I don't like as much as Clyde's Adventure
mainly probably due to colour and graphics.
Caribbean Blue
Less than a nibble

Post by Caribbean Blue »

I actually liked the graphics in Clyde's Revenge. I'm playing it for the fourth time. The only thing that I hate is the fact that I can't go back to levels that I liked, like in Clyde's Adventure. Clyde's Revenge is definitely more relaxed than Clyde's Adventure, with no energy lost from walking or jumping, or no energy lost whatsoever in "Kiddie" mode! Sometimes, a more relaxed game is better. I liked the music, too. I found myself humming it all the time. My favorite graphic would have to be in E1L4 and E2L2: the red laser-like thing that filled the spaces and appeared at random. I found myself daydreaming and staring at it for 10 minutes or more sometimes. It made me think of that white laser that hurts you. I used to wonder what would happen if I touched it. Would it hurt me? Would it warp me to some kind of secret level? At one point in E1L4, it looked like at one section, you were able to touch it, but once you got close enough, the floor and ceiling appeared and stopped you from touching it. The screaming sound of Clyde when he gets hurt was pretty annoying sometimes. The abstract backgrounds made the game. Whenever I play Clyde's Revenge, it reminds me of being in some sort of abstract painting, with the backgrounds, the randomly flashing lights, and the music. Mike Voss said that he made all of these games just for money. I can't help thinking that maybe a part of him made these games for his own enjoyment and to express his creativity. He put a lot into these games, and I think that he gets a lot less credit for them than he deserves. By the way, does anyone even know what Mike Voss looks like?
raman22feb1988
6-bit nerd

Post by raman22feb1988 »

Caribbean Blue wrote:I actually liked the graphics in Clyde's Revenge. I'm playing it for the fourth time.
I also liked the colour and then the graphics in Clyde's Revenge, but not as much as Clyde's Adventure. For example, I liked the font in Clyde's Adventure, but not as much as that in Clyde's Revenge at all.
Caribbean Blue wrote:Clyde's Revenge is definitely more relaxed than Clyde's Adventure, with no energy lost from walking or jumping, or no energy lost whatsoever in "Kiddie" mode!
There is also a secret code to get an unlimited supply of energy in Clyde's Adventure too. It gives you 10000 units of energy, and then for an average castle, does it consume you more than 500 units of energy? Or for a tough castle with more of spikes and ice, more than 1000 units of energy, even played fast and also with a lot of carelessness?
Caribbean Blue wrote:I liked the music, too.
I never bothered about the music. I never heard the music. I never knew how to get the music on, even with on mode, also with the speaker on.

For example, the game is slow, castles are long, taking 10 minutes on an average, not giving to make me ready for a short relaxation only so.

And then a pressure to cover all the zones, not to leave any area to collect all the stones at all, as there are also too many split ups along the way.
Caribbean Blue
Less than a nibble

Post by Caribbean Blue »

raman22feb1988 wrote:I never bothered about the music. I never heard the music. I never knew how to get the music on, even with on mode, also with the speaker on.

For example, the game is slow, castles are long, taking 10 minutes on an average, not giving to make me ready for a short relaxation only so.

And then a pressure to cover all the zones, not to leave any area to collect all the stones at all, as there are also too many split ups along the way.
Hmm... the game runs fine for me. Are you using DOSBox?

The level design of Clyde's Revenge is so brilliant, that if you do end up missing one stone somewhere, you will always be able to get it, no matter where you are in the castle (most of the time). The only exception is E1L6. It is possible to get stuck in that castle.

What is the cheat for Clyde's Aventure?
raman22feb1988
6-bit nerd

Post by raman22feb1988 »

Caribbean Blue wrote:Hmmm... the game runs fine for me. Are you using DOSBox?
No need for DOSBox for me at all. With the Windows XP Command Prompt itself, Clyde's Revenge can be played at slow speed. By the way, this is not the case for Clyde's Adventure, but at the lowest of the 255 adjustments, the speed of Clyde's Adventure is manageable with the Command Prompt of Windows XP. No matter about the music at all. Music doesn't seem important to me at all.
Caribbean Blue wrote:The level design of Clyde's Revenge is so brilliant, that if you do end up missing one stone somewhere, you will always be able to get it, no matter where you are in the castle (most of the time). The only exception is E1L6. It is possible to get stuck in that castle.
Never mind. Doesn't matter that if I dropped taking a stone somewhere, and then if it is not reachable from the point where you are in, I can replay the castle again? How long is it going to take my extra time to spare? Old ways already get practiced, by the way, on playing!
Caribbean Blue wrote:What is the cheat for Clyde's Adventure?
What cheat? For getting unlimited energy? Press the E key five times.
The largest found ECM factor is 73 digits from M1181, which is

The largest SNFS factorization is 313 digits of M1039

The largest GNFS factorization is RSA 768 (232 digits)
raman22feb1988
6-bit nerd

Post by raman22feb1988 »

Caribbean Blue wrote:I actually liked the graphics in Clyde's Revenge. I'm playing it for the fourth time. The only thing that I hate is the fact that I can't go back to levels that I liked, like in Clyde's Adventure. Clyde's Revenge is definitely more relaxed than Clyde's Adventure, with no energy lost from walking or jumping, or no energy lost whatsoever in "Kiddie" mode! Sometimes, a more relaxed game is better. I liked the music, too. I found myself humming it all the time. My favorite graphic would have to be in E1L4 and E2L2: the red laser-like thing that filled the spaces and appeared at random. I found myself daydreaming and staring at it for 10 minutes or more sometimes. It made me think of that white laser that hurts you. I used to wonder what would happen if I touched it. Would it hurt me? Would it warp me to some kind of secret level? At one point in E1L4, it looked like at one section, you were able to touch it, but once you got close enough, the floor and ceiling appeared and stopped you from touching it. The screaming sound of Clyde when he gets hurt was pretty annoying sometimes. The abstract backgrounds made the game. Whenever I play Clyde's Revenge, it reminds me of being in some sort of abstract painting, with the backgrounds, the randomly flashing lights, and the music. Mike Voss said that he made all of these games just for money. I can't help thinking that maybe a part of him made these games for his own enjoyment and to express his creativity. He put a lot into these games, and I think that he gets a lot less credit for them than he deserves. By the way, does anyone even know what Mike Voss looks like?
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.

And then, one more thing is that, in Clyde's Adventure, number of magic gems in all the castles is a multiple of 10 or 25. (Multiple of 10 only in Episode 1 Castle 7). Is the same thing satisfied in Clyde's Revenge? Number of stones is a random number in each castle in Clyde's Revenge. Stones arrangement and then also stones count are an excellent design in Clyde's Adventure.

Thank you.
The largest found ECM factor is 73 digits from M1181, which is

The largest SNFS factorization is 313 digits of M1039

The largest GNFS factorization is RSA 768 (232 digits)
Caribbean Blue
Less than a nibble

Post by Caribbean Blue »

I liked Clyde's Revenge because it reminded me of Hocus Pocus. I love Hocus Pocus so much, and Clyde's Revenge was sort of like an addition to Hocus Pocus. If you've ever played Hocus Pocus, I'm sure that you'd see the similarities between Hocus Pocus and Clyde's Revenge. They were made by the same company. The only difference is that there are enemies in Hocus Pocus.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

Clyde's Revenge is definitely a lot like Hocus Pocus. I like Hocus Pocus because there are enemies, and I like Clyde's Adventure because the puzzles are very strict, requiring a lot of thought and route planning. Clyde's Revenge falls in between, having neither enemies to fight nor requiring strict route planning (because Clyde doesn't lose energy from walking), so it doesn't really appeal to me. It's still a good game, but Clyde's Adventure and Hocus Pocus are both personal favorites.
thechosen27
Less than a nibble

Re: Clyde's Revenge

Post by thechosen27 »

I need some help. I'm on Game 2, castle 4. To pass this one, you've gotta find 4 levers guarded by silver locks. I can find 3, but the 4th doesn't seem to be anywhere. I've spent about an hour and a half looking for it. Where is it?!
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

Sorry thechosen27. I got bored with the game before I got that far. I'll see if I can find out for you.
Caribbean Blue
Less than a nibble

Post by Caribbean Blue »

thechosen27 wrote:I need some help. I'm on Game 2, castle 4. To pass this one, you've gotta find 4 levers guarded by silver locks. I can find 3, but the 4th doesn't seem to be anywhere. I've spent about an hour and a half looking for it. Where is it?!
I just finished playing this level. One lever is led to by the tunnel to the left of where you start. Another is led to by another tunnel near the top left of the level. This tunnel is rather long. A third one can be reached after going through a room with slippery blue blocks of alternating heights surrounded by lava. It's out in the open, so you can't miss it. The last one can only be accessed by a warp which is rather hidden. This is probably the one you're stuck on. To the left of the long tunnel are bricks that you can destroy. Once you're under the bricks, continue to your right until you come to the edge of a cliff. Jump as far as possible to the right off of this cliff, and you'll find a warp zone on a ledge. Once inside of this warp zone, there will be two lines of green up arrows to your left and a trampoline to your right. Jump onto the trampoline until you reach slippery blue blocks in the air, and jump across these blue blocks to the left until you reach the fourth lever. Once you press this lever, simply use the green up arrows to get to where the first lever I mentioned was, go back up through the tunnel, and (if you've done the level correctly) there should be a hole where you started. Go down this hole and when you reach the bottom, you will find that door opened to your left. However, by now you've either given up or found it already, so I guess this could be used as a guide for anyone else who is stuck.