Hangtris: Tetris with mirror function, turbo move and bombs.

Requests for games to be added to the site
Hangvogel
Less than a nibble

Hangtris: Tetris with mirror function, turbo move and bombs.

Post by Hangvogel »

Old style DOS Tetris game which appears to work in XP without installing special software like dosbox :)

More than 40 different shapes of blocks. Use a mirror and turbo move function to fit the blocks in an original and fast way. Use bombs to explode them while falling.

Sound goes through internal speaker on dos machines. It may be a challenge to get sound working in Windows but we succeeded in Window XP by entering device manager and enabling the hidden beep device. Restarting computer was needed. Probably the only program in the world working on both DOS and Windows versions 8-)

Enter = drop now
CTRL + left/right = turbo move
0 = mirror
DEL = bomb

Give this one to your dad for Christmas and fill the Wall of Fame with your family!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Re: Hangtris: Tetris with mirror function, turbo move and bo

Post by DOSGuy »

Okay... we're going to need a little more information than this. Everything on this website has to be legal, so some information about who owns this game and what kind of license covers it are really important. I'm guessing http://hangvogel.hypermart.net/hangtris/ is your website, so let's start with that.

I get very suspicious when people post installers (especially Windows installers for games that they claim are for DOS) because you can't see what's in them like you can with a ZIP file. The ht_unreg.zip download at the link above would have made me a lot more comfortable for an attachment from a first-time poster.

Assuming this is the same game, it looks like Hangtris is a shareware game, where Level 12 and up are limited to the full version. Did you attach a copy of the shareware or full version of the game in your post? If it was the full version, are you declaring the game freeware? I ask these questions to cover my butt for legal reasons, and because (based on the screenshots) this looks like the kind of game that I would add to the site.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
Hangvogel
Less than a nibble

Post by Hangvogel »

Posted version = 12 levels free

We were astonished that this still worked after removing the dust and trying on Windows XP and now sharing the experience and that's it!

Other download options are on site. Have fun. :geek:
Union of Soviets
Less than a nibble

Post by Union of Soviets »

One legal stuff for all, Tetris Co. has officially copyright on name of TETRIS,so all clone games which have that name are illegal (Tetris,Free Tetris, Super Tetris...).They protect that like Nintendo its games.
Also,owner of this site must reject all Pac man clones, because only who has right on name, characters, rules is Namco Bandai.
Third, Hasbro attack people who make clones of Risk, they say that they only have right on Risk and details, like Namco Bandai on Pac man.
That could be helpful for all
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Post by MrFlibble »

I guess that's correct (I've heard about some Pac Man clones having been shut down before), but it's for the website Administrator to decide whether the games should be removed or not. Thanks for the information!
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

Hangvogel wrote:Posted version = 12 levels free

We were astonished that this still worked after removing the dust and trying on Windows XP and now sharing the experience and that's it!

Other download options are on site. Have fun. :geek:
So you're the creator/owner of this game, and you posted the shareware version, and you still accept registration for the full version?

Is the title of the game Hangtris or Hangtetris?
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.