Problems modding ccaves [Edited]

Discuss game modding
robert
5-bit member

Problems modding ccaves [Edited]

Post by robert »

If anyone has troubles with your own mods, please feel free to post them in this thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, to be clear, I decided to make a new Crystal Caves mod, using Camoto. I made the first level, and then I tested it. When I entered to the level the little miner couldn't jump higher. I don't why this happened. I recorded it so you can see what I'm talking about. See the attached file. You must extract the .avi file with some descompresser.

As you will see at first the jumping action is as normally. When I enter to another level, not made by me, the jumping action is still normal. Then you'll see that I enter to another level (this one is made by me), and you'll see that the miner cannot jump higher than a middle block. Since I enter to this level, the jumping action remains like that.

Does anyone have any idea of what should I do?

(sorry for my english)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by robert on November 24th, 2013, 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Malvineous
8-bit mega nerd

Re: Problem with jumping in my ccaves new mod

Post by Malvineous »

That's really unusual. Can you post your modified .exe file so I can have a look at it? Maybe some other part of it has become modified by accident! You can e-mail it to malvineous@shikadi.net if you would prefer not to make your levels public yet!
robert
5-bit member

Re: Problems modding ccaves [Edited]

Post by robert »

I have some questions, is there any difference between the six "S" that shows the editor?... There is a block that acts weird when I use it in any level, is this one:

Image Image

As it can be seen, the two blocks are invisible and also untouchable. Sometimes they act like other object like a wooden block or another tile background. This does not happen when I enter to a level that wasn't edited yet. Does this happened to anyone else?
Malvineous
8-bit mega nerd

Post by Malvineous »

There is no difference between all the different "S" icons in that map layer. This is just me being lazy and not removing all the duplicates yet. You can pick any of them and it will not make a difference.

That block you are using is a bit weird, I have seen this before in other levels. I think that block is sometimes used for random tiles, and it changes to different types of bricks in the game. If there is another level that works correctly before you edit it, please give me the level number and I will investigate. Perhaps there is a code for a different block that will work in the other level.
robert
5-bit member

Post by robert »

Malvineous wrote:There is no difference between all the different "S" icons in that map layer. This is just me being lazy and not removing all the duplicates yet. You can pick any of them and it will not make a difference.
Ok ;)
Malvineous wrote:That block you are using is a bit weird, I have seen this before in other levels. I think that block is sometimes used for random tiles, and it changes to different types of bricks in the game. If there is another level that works correctly before you edit it, please give me the level number and I will investigate. Perhaps there is a code for a different block that will work in the other level.
Level 6 (the one with reverse gravity) is one level that uses that block and doesn't act weird yet. Level 7 uses those blocks of the same type.