Lode Runner Online: The Mad Monk's Revenge

To declutter the game request forum, fulfilled requests will be moved here
watson
4-bit nibble

Lode Runner Online: The Mad Monk's Revenge

Post by watson »

I was doing some research on the internet about Lode Runner, and I came across a YouTube video from Lazy Game Reviews about a 90's Lode Runner game called "Lode Runner Online: The Mad Monk's Revenge". I was interested in that game, so I looked in the video description and it gave a link to a free download of the full game. (http://www.daggert.net/Folio/Programmin ... unner1.htm) This is apparently the lead developer's website, so I'm assuming that this game was released as freeware, but there is also a demo available here: http://entropymine.com/jason/lr/mmr/

For anyone who doesn't know, this Lode Runner Game is apparently a new version of an earlier game, "Lode Runner: The Legend Returns". Mad Monk's Revenge is the same game, just with more levels, multiplayer mode, bugfixes, etc. I'm not exactly sure if it would be legal to add the full game to this site, but I just thought I'd bring it up.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Re: Lode Runner Online: The Mad Monk's Revenge

Post by DOSGuy »

I can definitely add the demo. I'm not sure that the lead programmer has the legal authority to distribute full copies of the game.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
watson
4-bit nibble

Re: Lode Runner Online: The Mad Monk's Revenge

Post by watson »

DOSGuy wrote:I can definitely add the demo. I'm not sure that the lead programmer has the legal authority to distribute full copies of the game.
Well, a company called Tozai, Inc. currently holds the intellectual property and trademark rights of the Lode Runner franchise (according to Wikipedia), so clearly this game isn't public domain or anything. Perhaps contacting them to declare the legal status of Mad Monk's Revenge would be ideal.