The "speak of happy, not sad things" thread

Discuss just about anything else
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

The "speak of happy, not sad things" thread

Post by DOSGuy »

Forums tend to be havens of negativity. There are flame wars between members, and gripe threads to talk about things that people hate. I recently posted about a company that I hate, so I felt that someone should post something positive to even things out. A phrase immediately came to mind from a song from my childhood: "Sing of good things, not bad / Sing of happy, not sad" (from the song "Sing", words and music by Joe Raposo; performed by the Carpenters).

What are you happy about right now? I still have some leftover happies from Christmas. I received Series 1 and 2 of Red Dwarf, one of the best British comedies ever. I laugh so hard every time I watch an episode of that show. Thank God for the British. I suspect the world would be rather dull without them.

Anyone else want to share something happy?
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
E.K.Virtanen
5-bit member

Post by E.K.Virtanen »

Well, first interview article at ASCII-World is coming out soon, right after i get reply to my last question :roll:

Im finally goin to denmark at eastern. I have wanted to visit there like last 10 years lol. My salary raises a bit at next month and i have great girlfriend and a dog.
Actually im happy 24/7 :lol:
Something funny should read here?
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

Unless you sent me another question after your "last question", I did answer!

Actually, I'm going to put all of the questions and answers together and make a few tweaks to my answers, and correct your English. :P
E.K.Virtanen
5-bit member

Post by E.K.Virtanen »

[To go on the end of that answer]
is last email from you. I did send one after i received that one.
Youre free and welcome to correct my English. I havent typed so well at this point yet, i ususally correct bad ones when everything else is done. But if you wana do that, im more than happy with it :lol:
Something funny should read here?
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Re: The "speak of happy, not sad things" thread

Post by DOSGuy »

My cousin married her sweetie today in what could probably be described as a fairytale wedding. A beautiful bride married a handsome groom, and they're both young and in love. They're both intelligent, hard working people and they have an incredibly bright future ahead of them. Plus, I got to go to my first wedding in 18 years, so it was a great day for everybody.

You know, I can understand why my cousin is so smart, since intelligence runs in our family. I just can't figure out how someone so closely related to me got to be so beautiful.
Qbix
DOSBox Programmer

Post by Qbix »

that is very nice indeed.

I just got back from a holiday to Portugal. Was really nice and had been quite a while I had been on a relaxing vacation
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

I will be carrying the Olympic torch as part of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics torch relay. My section is on December 12 in the nation's capital. If you happen to be in Canada that day, feel free to come out and watch! :)
Penelope
Less than a nibble

Post by Penelope »

Studying Chinese is monotonous and tiring, but every once in a while you hit a breakthrough and that really makes it worth it.

My current breakthrough?

I can finally read the entire menu at my preferred breakfast place here in Taipei.
ThreeHeadedMonkey
7-bit super nerd

Post by ThreeHeadedMonkey »

DOSGuy wrote:You know, I can understand why my cousin is so smart, since intelligence runs in our family. I just can't figure out how someone so closely related to me got to be so beautiful.
This just made me laugh out loud. :-)
Chinese checkers. Mashed potatoes! And a tyrannosaurus rex!
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

Here's me receiving the Olympic flame on December 12.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Qbix
DOSBox Programmer

Post by Qbix »

Awesome!
BirdWatcher
Less than a nibble

Post by BirdWatcher »

I have been having the time of my life ever since I logged on to this site! :D I've been playing old, beloved games and trying out new ones I've never played before. I teared up as I heard the familiar music of Skyroads! Now I'm launching out on "The Adventures of Maddog Williams in the Castle of Duridian". Weeeeee! This is awesome! I thought these games were gone forever, and I am SOOOO glad I was wrong! I am so grateful to everybody who created and runs this site; you guys are all doing humankind a great service! Nostalgia is a sweet, sweet thing... *sigh*...
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Post by MrFlibble »

Glad to hear you could find your favourite oldies ^_^ Undoubtedly, you'll also discover something entirely new for yourself in the realm of DOS (and generally retro) games :D
blinkingboythe
5-bit member

Post by blinkingboythe »

DOSGuy wrote:Forums tend to be havens of negativity. There are flame wars between members, and gripe threads to talk about things that people hate. I recently posted about a company that I hate, so I felt that someone should post something positive to even things out. A phrase immediately came to mind from a song from my childhood: "Sing of good things, not bad / Sing of happy, not sad" (from the song "Sing", words and music by Joe Raposo; performed by the Carpenters).

What are you happy about right now? I still have some leftover happies from Christmas. I received Series 1 and 2 of Red Dwarf, one of the best British comedies ever. I laugh so hard every time I watch an episode of that show. Thank God for the British. I suspect the world would be rather dull without them.

Anyone else want to share something happy?
I finally put a working randomizer in my franken.bat game :)