Can't play full version of "Adventures of Maddog Williams"!

The place to ask for technical support and offer assistance
BirdWatcher
Less than a nibble

Can't play full version of "Adventures of Maddog Williams"!

Post by BirdWatcher »

I can't play full version of "The Adventures of Maddog Williams in the Dungeons of Duridian" because at the beginning of the game you have to answer three questions about the map. This is the usual old game method of making sure you have bought the game. I, of course, have not bought the game, so I do not know the answers to the questions. Is there any way to get around this? I really want to play the whole game! :cry:
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Re: Can't play full version of "Adventures of Maddog William

Post by DOSGuy »

I didn't know that. I had to look up an email I exchange I had with Tom Jensen in 2006 about adding the game to the site. He had asked that I link to the GameCrafters site, and I always provide a link to the developer's site if I can find one, so I thought that I had fulfilled his request. Upon re-reading the email, he had asked for "some kind of reference to our web site so they can read the extra content (i.e. the novella and map, etc.) that came with the game originally", and now I understand why that was so important. In addition to our link to the GameCrafters site, I will add a link directly to the Adventures of Maddog Williams page on their site and explain that the map is necessary to answer the questions.

The page with the info you need is at http://www.gamecrafters.com/gamecrafter ... index.html, and there's a link to the map called "View the map".
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
BirdWatcher
Less than a nibble

Re: Can't play full version of "Adventures of Maddog William

Post by BirdWatcher »

Thank you very much, DOSGuy! :D

:oops: Oh, whoops, I realized it actually was working without the questions; I misinterpreted being lost in a forest as not being allowed to proceed with the game. XD Sorry for putting you through all that trouble! I did enjoy the website link, though, so it wasn't all pointless I guess.