No votes
1 (lowest)
No votes

Total votes: 6

AutoAdmin
Forum Administrator

Clyde's Adventure

Post by AutoAdmin »

Feel free to rate and discuss this game.
Lingyan203
Less than a nibble

Clyde's Adventure: Game 2, Castle 9

Post by Lingyan203 »

Hi,

I'm playing the second chapter of Clyde's Adventure, and I'm stuck on castle 9. I had 226 gems and grabbed the treasure. I then used the turbo lift to make it over the ice, but I landed on the ice, the jumped, and hit the spikes, and died. I tried this for months and I still couldn't beat it.

Does anybody know how to beat the nineth castle on the secnd chapter of Clyde's Adventure? If so, please tell me.

Thank you.

Ling Yan
victor
Less than a nibble

Clyde's Adventure: Game 2, Castle 9

Post by victor »

Whew, finally made it to castle 9...okay, so you used the turbolift. Did you use 2 or just one? (there's suppose to be 2). And did you get to the message where it said "Prepare for a wild ride"?

I didn't quite beat it yet since the wild ride on the ice is so fast -_-, isn't there any way to make the game slower? >_<

EDIT: Found all 300 gems

Once you get to the first turbolift, use it and go all the way up until you see another turbolift on your left. Get on that one and go left as much as you can. Then you will see a place to land and a note saying "Outstanding!". There you have the rest of the gems and there is a teleport at the end to go back to the first turbolift. Next, get to the second turbolift and use it this time to go to the right. Then you get to a message saying "Prepare for a wild ride.". Just follow the path of the ice without hitting the spikes and at the end is the exit.
Lingyan203
Less than a nibble

Post by Lingyan203 »

Victor,

I only used 1 turbolift, then I used the first one and I went all the way to the right, and then I hit the spikes and died.

Thank you for telling me that I have to use 2 in order to get to the exit.

Ling Yan
drynwyn15
Less than a nibble

Game Speed

Post by drynwyn15 »

I used to have a copy of Clyde from a CD-ROM of about 100 games and more recently I've been trying to download it (the disk has long since been broken). However, I've tried downloading the game from several different places and cannot get the game speed low enough to play. Is there anything that can be done about this?
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

Use DosBox. The default cycle count should be slow enough if you use the game's internal speed reduction, otherwise just reduce the cycle count in DosBox until the game is playable.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
psayers
Less than a nibble

clyde2 level 9

Post by psayers »

when you use the first grey laucher to get to the second one you have to go west to get the rest of the diamonds and then it teleports you back to the first grey launcher use that to get to the second one and jump east this time it kinda goes left right left right a few times then down towards the west a few more times then you get to pure ice blocks steps going east take that all the way to the end
psayers
Less than a nibble

energy clyde2

Post by psayers »

press "e" five times for unlimited energy
raman22feb1988
6-bit nerd

Game Speed

Post by raman22feb1988 »

DOSGuy wrote: Use DosBox. The default cycle count should be slow enough if you use the game's internal speed reduction, otherwise just reduce the cycle count in DosBox until the game is playable.
I also have a problem with game speed. The game is too fast when downloaded. What is DOS Box? I am using Windows XP. Do you mean command prompt? What is cycle count? How to adjust it?

Raman
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

DOSBox is a DOS emulator for Windows XP and other operating systems. Download a copy from the Utilities section, and read my tutorial if you need any help with it.
raman22feb1988
6-bit nerd

Post by raman22feb1988 »

DOSGuy wrote: DOSBox is a DOS emulator for Windows XP and other operating systems. Download a copy from the Utilities section, and read my tutorial if you need any help with it.
Thanks for your prompt reply, which shows that your forum is still active and alive!

So, I have just copied DOS Box from the source forge page. I will check today if it works properly at my home (I am at a browsing center and since as my home computer has no Internet connection), and will then give my feedback tomorrow (if there is any problem (or not if everything is working fine and smooth))
leilei
File Contributor

Post by leilei »

oddly, the freeware release has the first episode with some bad slowmo integrated into it. Playing it normally in DOSBox is too slow
raman22feb1988
6-bit nerd

Post by raman22feb1988 »

raman22feb1988 wrote: Thanks for your prompt reply, which shows that your forum is still active and alive!

So, I have just copied DOS Box from the source forge page. I will check today if it works properly at my home (I am at a browsing center and since as my home computer has no Internet connection), and will then give my feedback tomorrow (if there is any problem (or not if everything is working fine and smooth))
It seems that speed of the game depends less on the operating system and more on the processor speed.

The game is extremely fast in the Windows XP Command Prompt and is horribly slow with DOS Box. Although I have finished all the 16 castles of Chapter One (Lost Treasure of Tahookaboo) in the shareware version, I am currently playing Chapter Two (The Vanished King). So, I don't need to bother about the speed of Chapter One.

Yesterday, I managed to solve the first 4 castles of Chapter Two with Speed. Out of 256 adjustments with the F9 key, I managed to keep it at the slowest speed rate.

For the DOS Box, downloaded from the source forge page, the default is 3000 CPU cycles per millisecond and the Frame Skip Rate is 0. The game is terribly slow at this rate. So, what value of CPU cycle count do you recommend for my 2.8 GHz dual core Pentium 4 processor, which has 2 GB of RAM?

Regards
Raman
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

I think cycle count depends on the speed of the computer. I have an Athlon 64 3200+, and I was pretty sure that I was able to get the correct speed using only the in-game speed controls when using the default cycle count in DOSBox. There may be other factors than pure CPU speed, such as any background tasks that might be hogging CPU resources. If you experiment with the cycle count, you should be able to find a playable speed.
raman22feb1988
6-bit nerd

Castle 6, Chapter 2

Post by raman22feb1988 »

Is there any magic trigger to collect all those horizontal set of gems, above the I-shaped beams? I have searched for those magic triggers everywhere throughout the castle but I wasn't able to find it anywhere at all.

PS: It is the castle #6 in the Chapter 2, The Vanished King. I am 9 gems short to go to the next 3 set of castles. I have collected 141 gems out of 150. The rest of the 9 gems to the far right in space, cannot be reached from the green launcher.

Thanks for anyone who helps me.

Raman