SoftDisk games

Post suggestions, correct errors or omissions, or anything else about the site
PJPsyco
Less than a nibble

SoftDisk games

Post by PJPsyco »

I noticed you have a petition asking for Keen Dreams. I looked for it as well and found that SoftDisk (origonal publisher from what I understand) still sells it for $10 download at their site as well as most of its classic games (catacomb 3D and spin offs, etc).
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

I wish they did. I think you're referring to this link on their website.

Softdisk Legacy Software
Unfortunately, Softdisk is no longer publishing new software titles. Our flagship product is Screen Saver Studio which allows you to create your own customized screen savers. You can still purchase a few of our old software titles as well as other great third party software such as Norton AntiVirus at:
http://www.downloadstore.com/

Downloadstore.com by Flat Rock Software has thousands of programs from dozens of companies, including volume licensing for Symantec and McAfee. You're absolutely right, though. If you do a search, you can find Keen Dreams on their site. Aside from Flat Rock Chess, most of the software lists the original developer, so I assume that Flat Rock Software doesn't own the rights to most of the software they sell, and is simply a distributor.

I guess if I was less lazy, I would have asked them about it. I just saw a company selling hundreds of third-party programs and took an irrational dislike. I guess I need to revisit whether or not the petition is really necessary. Thanks for the heads up.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.