old platform game on dos with ninjas

Need help remembering the name of a game you used to play? You've come to the right place!
maverickvns
Less than a nibble

old platform game on dos with ninjas

Post by maverickvns »

Hi everyone,

there's this one game that i used to played back probably around 1988-ish or so when i was 5 years old. i believe the game was played on cga or ega, but definitely not on vga.

my memory is still pretty vague, but from what i remember, i believe i played as a ninja. i would traverse by walking off to the sides of the screens to get to the next area (left or right), i believe each screen was stationary, so the screen didn't move as i walked around. the clearest thing i remember was that i was able to jump up to get into pagodas to fight more enemies and since pagodas have several tiers, i was able to jump up multiple floors inside the pagoda. i remember the screen having yellow as the dominant color throughout the game. that's pretty much all that i can gather from my memory. i was very fond of the game, but sadly, the game disappeared over time and i can't find any screenshots of the game that looks like what i remembered.

the closest game that i've seen is shogun, but i don't believe that's the game i'm talking about although i do remember playing shogun. the main difference from what i remembered was that in shogun, i was able to jump around and onto roofs of pagodas and such rather than jump into a pagoda. a characteristic that's not in the game i'm trying to find.

if anyone of you can help me out with this. that would be so awesome.
leilei
File Contributor

Re: old platform game on dos with ninjas

Post by leilei »

Mastertronics' Ninja?
maverickvns
Less than a nibble

Re: old platform game on dos with ninjas

Post by maverickvns »

hi, thank you for responding, but unfortunately that's not the game i'm looking for.