No votes
1 (lowest)
No votes

Total votes: 7

AutoAdmin
Forum Administrator

Chopper Commando

Post by AutoAdmin »

Feel free to rate and discuss this game.
Mr_Smiley
Less than a nibble

Good game..

Post by Mr_Smiley »

Hi,

Just downloaded this game from here and it's great! Very hard but it is quite a fun game. I love old games...

This is my first visit to this website and I'd like to say thanks for an excellent website. :)
It has many great games that I'll have to try out.

Thanks. :D
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

Chopper Commando was one of my favorite games when I was young. I love the new harder missions that were added to version 2.56. Only version 2.0 was available to the public until I remembered that there was a notice in the game offering to sell the game's source code and it mentioned a v2.5. I contacted Mark Currie, and he was kind enough of to release the source code and v2.56 as freeware! If you want to thank him, he has a website at http://www.markcurrie.com/.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
Mr_Smiley
Less than a nibble

Post by Mr_Smiley »

DOSGuy wrote:Chopper Commando was one of my favorite games when I was young. I love the new harder missions that were added to version 2.56. Only version 2.0 was available to the public until I remembered that there was a notice in the game offering to sell the game's source code and it mentioned a v2.5. I contacted Mark Currie, and he was kind enough of to release the source code and v2.56 as freeware! If you want to thank him, he has a website at http://www.markcurrie.com/.
Nice work on getting him to release the new version as freeware. I'll have to thank him for releasing such a great game.
cymon
Less than a nibble

Re: Chopper Commando

Post by cymon »

Hope I can post this. Is it okay to discuss the play online play? Something's kinda broken. The ground sometimes doesn't fill in which messes things up. Just play a mission and you'll likely see what I'm talking about.

Great site, by the way. Great that you can just point folks to this site to play an old game without having to install DOSBox. Way of the future, man!
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

Chopper Commando isn't without bugs, but if it happens in the online version and not in DOSBox, then JPC isn't accurately emulating the hardware well enough. JPC is still in development and should get better in the future.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
Mattamue
Less than a nibble

Post by Mattamue »

Old topic, but a great game. The downloadable 2.56 version works great with dosbox 0.74. The Mark Currie website is no longer up, but http://www.inhumangames.com/ is some of this other work.