help finding a top-down perspective shooting game.

Need help remembering the name of a game you used to play? You've come to the right place!
lileyear
Less than a nibble

help finding a top-down perspective shooting game.

Post by lileyear »

a top-down perspective shooting game

it is a DOS game,full color.i played it on a cyrix 486 80Mhz,with 8M memory.
i install it from cd-rom.i forget its name.
in game,you can press alt-r to switch resolution between 320x240 and 640x480.
in game,you can switch between 3 characters,each character has their special feature. i remember it like preess F1 F2 F3 to switch,when switch,screen rotate and fade,then new man show up.

first character is so-called a warrior,you can shoot,throw grenade,you have knife,you can get new weapon.
second character is a wizard (or ...,just like) ,you can cast spell.
third is an engineer,only this character can operate computer.in computer,maybe you can get some password,or find some keycard info.keycard has some color like blue green red ..kill boss or open box or goto a desk can find keycard .some door in game need a keycard.some door is computer controled.you can find monitor computer.only engineer can see electronic wire link between door and a special computer,some wire is through a door,then you must open that door,find another moniter computer to look the wire where to go,but finaly,it connect to a computer .so you need find right computer,enter right password,door is open!then enter new range or another level.

game have many level.
first level have house ,auto turret,like a military base.
there have traps,some floor must step quickly,or you fall and die.
some level like a hell,ground is burned.
if you go into a hole(or a point,or a ladder...) in ground, the screen rotate and fade.then you at new level.
in first level i clearly remember their has a mechanical-spider spawn machine,you must kill spawn machine to stop it spawn new spider.

i clearly remember a door can't open,only 1 computer connect to it.no keycard ,no extra computer to gain password.but i find four shelf on wall,i destory it.then password show up in the wall.It is CCCC.

Ctrl is a key make you one hand climb the ceiling,another hand can shoot.

the game has no logo,the first screen every time I startup it is a keyboard map photo.it tell you each key's function,then game start.

the last boss is several machine robot firing big fireball,all seem stop,then goback to DOS.
leilei
File Contributor

Re: help finding a top-down perspective shooting game.

Post by leilei »

This game sounds familiar to me too. Sounds like someone tried mixing Syndicate and Crusader: No Remorse together. I can't name the game off the top of my head either but there isn't many games I know of that feature a soldier and a wizard together in the same place.