No votes
1 (lowest)
No votes

Total votes: 2

AutoAdmin
Forum Administrator

Hugo's Horrific Adventure

Post by AutoAdmin »

Feel free to rate and discuss this game.
If RGB Classic Games matters to you, tell someone!
ThreeHeadedMonkey
7-bit super nerd

Re: Hugo's Horrific Adventure

Post by ThreeHeadedMonkey »

After reading your interview with David P. Gray (nice one), I decided to give this a shot because of my love for retro adventure games. It's clearly home-brew and the graphics are quite poor - for example, at first I couldn't figure out that the object inside the closet of the bedroom was a mask! However, I found it to be somewhat enjoyable. I just love typing text commands like in the early King's/Space Quest titles, figuring all that stuff out... Text adventures (=) FUN! I'm considering ordering the trilogy from David's website.
Chinese checkers. Mashed potatoes! And a tyrannosaurus rex!
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

Yeah, I had no idea that that thing was a mask, so it took a long time to figure out what to type to pick it up. It may not look as nice as the beautiful LucasArts SCUMM games, but I think the graphics are quite decent compared to early Sierra games like King's Quest. I had a good time playing through them.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
ThreeHeadedMonkey
7-bit super nerd

Post by ThreeHeadedMonkey »

Just went and ordered the trilogy. Hardly an instant after I completed the payment procedure, a downloadable installer was sent to my mailbox. Wow! That was fast. I like how it includes both DOS and Win16 versions of the games, and it's still only 2.54 megs (compressed, uncompressed it's 6.67 megs).

Coincidently, I've also just received my copy of the new (Windows XP/Vista compatible) version of the King's Quest Collection. I still own an old copy of it somewhere, but that one lacks King's Quest VII (it does come with a playable demo of it, I think). Anyway, I hear it's just the old (unmodified) games running inside a preconfigured DOSBox set-up of sorts, which is slightly disappointing. But it was pretty cheap so I figured... why not?
Chinese checkers. Mashed potatoes! And a tyrannosaurus rex!