multiplayer top-down shooter/arena game.

Need help remembering the name of a game you used to play? You've come to the right place!
Vaarsuvius
Less than a nibble

multiplayer top-down shooter/arena game.

Post by Vaarsuvius »

I used to play this game ALL the time with my two older brothers. We loved this game, but we've since forgotten it. Every once in a while one of us will get the urge to try to google it again, but we only end up with frustration.

The game is about criminals on death row who are fighting for a television show in some sort of convicts' arena. The weapons ranged from a chainsaw, to the LAW missile package, to the rapid fire ML missile launcher, and a bunch of rifles. I would really appreciate help with this.

The game was made some time in the mid-late 90's, I think, because it had pretty good graphics in full color.

-Vaarsuvius
leilei
File Contributor

Re: multiplayer top-down shooter/arena game.

Post by leilei »

The premise sounds almost Smash TV/Running Man but that's 1987-1990

Given that, it's most likely a scene game, and since you mentioned Time Slaughter too, you probably were looking around the scene games at the time. The 'shareware scene' shifted up towards Windows in the late '90s at that point.

I checked Bloodlust's catalog just in case, Skippy's Revenge comes close but it's not it.
ThreeHeadedMonkey
7-bit super nerd

Post by ThreeHeadedMonkey »

leilei wrote:The premise sounds almost Smash TV/Running Man but that's 1987-1990
Heh, exactly what I was thinking.
Chinese checkers. Mashed potatoes! And a tyrannosaurus rex!
Vaarsuvius
Less than a nibble

Post by Vaarsuvius »

I think it was on a compilation cd named game surplus. I'm not sure, and it's been a long time, but I think that was its name. My mother threw the cd out a while ago, so it's gone. :(
Vaarsuvius
Less than a nibble

Post by Vaarsuvius »

I just found the old disc I think it was on. The disk's name is game surplus, and it was by Expert Software. If it wasn't on that disc, then it was on another compilation disc, and I'll probably never find it.