Playing on Mac

The place to ask for technical support and offer assistance
discofalcon
Less than a nibble

Playing on Mac

Post by discofalcon »

I looked through the tech support and didn't see anything. I am trying to play the online games on my mac and I keep getting an error despite running it through a 64-bit browser. Help!
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Re: Playing on Mac

Post by MrFlibble »

What browser are you using? Do you have the latest version of Java installed?
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Post by DOSGuy »

There are no special instructions for Mac users because there doesn't need to be! The online games work on any platform that supports Java which, at one time, was every platform. Apple has chosen not to support Java on their iOS devices, but regular Mac users should be fine -- as long as they have the latest version of Java installed.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

You should get the official game from the authors. If it is already on the website then all you need to do is get an official MS-DOS and VirtualBox. I do not really know any other way other than there is a DOSBox (0.74) for Mac that has worked for me. I used to have a HP laptop however I donated that and grace has it that someone donated one back to me. The funny thing is I backup so often being a developer that I am going to need to go out and buy a new CD burning drive. The one I have broke down after 5 years of service. "Planned Obsolete Items" is the term they use when manufacturing so they get you to buy more in the future. It used to be the old days when things would work for all your life with just one purchase.

Thank you Jesus Christ for my two real parents; I see they still struggle although they should be retired. So I am taking after them and working all my life being a Borland Turbo Assembler 4.1. I hope the routines you encounter from me comes into use for you.

In assembly language the routines are not able to be generalized like higher level languages because of the increase power. So you have to program new routines all the time although you know how to compile someone else's work.

By the way I have found 25 megahertz to be the average speed a DOS program runs. So if you buy a computer from the old days that is your target. The only problem with generalizing is that DOSBox seems to use a different display system than MS-DOS. I notice in all of my programs that MS-DOS displays noticeably slower in graphics mode 013h.
Lunick
6-bit nerd

Post by Lunick »

The topic is a year old and the original poster only has one post but you just had to bump it didn't you...