Is porting Xargon permitted?

Discuss coding, porting and creating games
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Re: Is porting Xargon permitted?

Post by developertn »

Man, Xargon really doesn't live up to the hype on the showcase hehe

However one person's trash is another person's dream.

I just thought it was cool that I got to talk with the producer.

So I guess I'll rate it a 10 just because the producer wasn't a you know what hehe

Plus another 2 points above a maximum of ten just because it is freeware and not some scheme.
kilodude
Classic Game Author

Post by kilodude »

[Deleted by Allen (aka Kilodude)]
Last edited by kilodude on March 31st, 2015, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Allen, Game Designer/Programmer of "Kiloblaster" and "Xargon." Game Design for "Super ZZTs: Monster Zoo" and bonus levels of "Snarf."
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Post by developertn »

Jesus Christ!hehe

Really, kilodude. I am being serious. I really complimented you. Please don't take it the wrong way. If you really want to know, I am jealous of your programming skills. So I'm sorry if you think I did something wrong to you. I meant it as a compliment and wanted to give people my honest assessment. In fact, for what it is worth, I downloaded all the Xargon files and even the copyright notice license. I thought it was cute enough to save on a disc all it's own, and give it to my daughter one day when I end up having kids of my own. In fact, the showcase made me feel in addition to your comments that it is worth commercial pay. Anyways, Thank you for caring about me enough not to kiss my butts! It means a lot to me that someone cares about me. I hope we have that misunderstanding straigthened out one day. hehe I usually use "hehe" as a way to lighten the mood even when the situation is in a life or death serious. So do not think just because I say "hehe" that I am not aware of your skills.
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

An example when I am serious using "hehe"

Post by developertn »

When I say "God, Jesus Christ, is number one!" with a "hehe" afterwards, I really mean "God, Jesus Christ, is number one!" In fact, in the year 1998 I went homeless and had no one to look after me. As I layed on the floor outside a stranger's door, I cried to God. It has been many years later however I now live in a nice cozy small home. I am not rich however I get by with the help of my family and friends!!
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

I know this is going to be a little off-topic however there is an important interview today so I need to get it out so you understand. Sometimes there is not enough time or resources for a person to show you how they feel. So people end up misunderstanding. My father once told me "Do not misunderstand and get upset and do something you regret!" Now I understand because I see my statement WAS misunderstood. I know what it means to be homeless. I know what it means to have nothing except yourself. Anyways, I do NOT know what it means to have a complete full featured smooth game that is fun for all!
kilodude
Classic Game Author

Re: God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Post by kilodude »

developertn wrote:Really, kilodude. I am being serious. I really complimented you. Please don't take it the wrong way. If you really want to know, I am jealous of your programming skills. So I'm sorry if you think I did something wrong to you. I meant it as a compliment and wanted to give people my honest assessment. In fact, for what it is worth, I downloaded all the Xargon files and even the copyright notice license.
I apologize because I thought you were putting down my game. It sounded like you were saying my game is trash and didn't live up to the hype: "Man, Xargon really doesn't live up to the hype on the showcase hehe. However one person's trash is another person's dream."

I do understand about tough times and sorry you had such rough days. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJzDKCg0SZw

Wishing you a wonderful day tomorrow.
-Allen, Game Designer/Programmer of "Kiloblaster" and "Xargon." Game Design for "Super ZZTs: Monster Zoo" and bonus levels of "Snarf."
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

No worries! hehe By the way, I saw the interview you had with Monty and it was great. Very inspiring. hehe I like the part about Ozzy. I actually have a few of his CDs. His albums are scary however some of the songs really hit home.