New Facebook Group for Xargon

Discuss classic PC games
kilodude
Classic Game Author

New Facebook Group for Xargon

Post by kilodude »

I would love to have you check out our new Facebook group about my most popular video game - Xargon. In the coming weeks you will learn the progress of our new Android game featuring some of the best-loved characters and items from the Classic Arcade game. There will also be information about the 3D FPS (First Person Shooter) we are creating that follows the adventures of Malvineous Havershim 25 years later. In the new game his son, Harlem, is the hero but there will be some surprise appearances of the original star of Xargon. Tell your friends.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/869137789809335/
-Allen, Game Designer/Programmer of "Kiloblaster" and "Xargon." Game Design for "Super ZZTs: Monster Zoo" and bonus levels of "Snarf."
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Re: New Facebook Group for Xargon

Post by developertn »

Jesus Christ!hehe

What a great idea. Your FaceBook page looks fantastic! I just sent you a request for friendship. So please feel free to chat me up or whatever. hehe

I still am impressed with your game. It is nothing less than a miracle that your game was created all the way back in 1993. So that means since you programmed in COBOL in 1970 you have over 30 years of programming experience. Wow. I am way out of my league. Enjoy the rest of your time in the sun in the attention surrounded by all the people who are proud of you for being a good person and stuffs.

As for me, Thank you for saving my butts. ;)
kilodude
Classic Game Author

Post by kilodude »

developertn wrote:What a great idea. Your FaceBook page looks fantastic!
Thanks. We will be doing a lot more. I've also updated the Wikipedia page. Someone else had started it and I'm fairly sure it was the only person who posted a review and that was negative. He just did it to point to his Wikipedia and web site. I added more links to positive reviews which are in abundance. I also added the complete story from my notes as well as all the Journal entries. Check it out.
developertn wrote:I still am impressed with your game. It is nothing less than a miracle that your game was created all the way back in 1993. So that means since you programmed in COBOL in 1970 you have over 30 years of programming experience. Wow. I am way out of my league. Enjoy the rest of your time in the sun in the attention surrounded by all the people who are proud of you for being a good person and stuffs.
I appreciate that. The one thing to keep in mind is that I did not retain any of my knowledge of COBOL. When I did Kiloblaster it was the first time I ever did anything with C. Xargon was the only other game I did with C.
-Allen, Game Designer/Programmer of "Kiloblaster" and "Xargon." Game Design for "Super ZZTs: Monster Zoo" and bonus levels of "Snarf."
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

You sure are disciplined. Only two games in C and the one I happened to check out is a very refined version. I know working in C the sound routines are limited to frequencies in hertz. So you have to have some type of amazing codes for your music maker to make the sound work. You don't have to give away all your secrets however I am guessing you made your own custom music maker?

For the review being negative I am sure they do not know the technical details involved in making a game. Being a programmer myself for at least several years now I know a complex game is nothing less than a master piece.
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

Well, I am trying to return the favor so I have a "virtual" *like* for your video haha :lol:
kilodude
Classic Game Author

Post by kilodude »

developertn wrote:Well, I am trying to return the favor so I have a "virtual" *like* for your video haha :lol:
Thanks. I appreciate the positive comments.
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

Jesus!hehe

Well, I try to give an honest honest honest answer. I do also try to keep it on the positive side.

Tell your son he is doing a good job listening to instructions!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many times I do not realize how much people are helping me out by giving me instructions.

For instance, I had to learn the hard way.

My mother (Huong Thi Vu) told me to wear pants in addition to thick shoes or boots in addition to Z87.1 protective eye-glasses.

I listened to part of her instructions, but left my shorts on instead of long pants covering all my legs.

When I used the trimmer a piece of glass was splashed onto my shins? Well, I had to learn the hard way to listen.

Now I always listen to instructions because it saves your lives and others too!!!!!

Thank you Jesus Christ for my father Nguyen Binh Thuy who told me to study the instructions. Thank you to my mom for reminding me what the instructions mentioned. Amen.

Also, love to my brother (cousin) Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu. :D
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Post by developertn »

Jesus Christ!hehe

Since this is a special event. I figure I take the time out to say a special thank you in my program. You should not miss it because it is on the very first screen. I give you a hint: It mentions Xargon. hehe

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1lc5cffu06dr398/xenon

http://www.mediafire.com/download/43a4b ... /XENON.EXE

http://www.mediafire.com/view/6e3aa29ea9lu6c2/XENON.C

"As always, 'God, Jesus Christ, is indeed number goodest!hehe'!" :lol:

I always like to keep a sense of humour so please forgive me if I accidentally don't amuse.
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

Well, you most likely do not know this however Allen Pilgrim helped me out when I had an important interview. I do not know if he meant to help me out, however, his one interview encouraged me to be calm and return home where I now play in the comfort of my safe environment. Hope everything goes your way Allen Pilgrim and your family! Since my father is in the military and we are a military family, it is from one family to another. My real father in honour of him is Nguyen Binh Thuy. My real mother in honour of her is Huong Thi Vu. Blessings go to God first, then to my real mom. :D
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

I rarely talk about other's games however because Allen Pilgrim has been a gracious dude to me just recently I highly recommend you checking out his game. Just know it works on DOSBox 0.74 better than MS-DOS 6.22 since it takes a lot of conventional memory. :lol:
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

Many of you probably might not know that Sir Allen Pilgram mentioned Ozzy in his one interview. It is funny that this one funk station I'm listening to had someone sounding like him. hehe :lol: However many people says I have to grow up especially the chicks if I'm going to get married one day. I don't know about that hehe I mean who wants to grow up and work and have a job. Boring. I want to program DOS stuffs all my life hehe