pc gaming for the games of win9x

Discuss classic PC games
spriter
Less than a nibble

pc gaming for the games of win9x

Post by spriter »

desolated for my english
hello , I'll do a pc specially win9x games to play , so I would install win98se , I can have a config with cpu Celeron 215 1.33GHz , and an unfortunate pci Port

then I run all games 9x ( from 1995 to 2001 vicinity) ?
or will I encountered some problems trops old or too hungry games ?

for the graphics card that I advise you , one of that time or geforcefx5500 ( I already possesses ) ?

I specify that I 'm not looking at the graphics settings and details (just the minimum) but I want flawless fluidity

if that's not enough config , I would turn me into a purchase on pentium socket 478/775 and agp
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Re: pc gaming for the games of win9x

Post by MrFlibble »

I'm not very knowledgeable on the tech side, but if you seek advice, you may want to check the VOGONS forums. They have a section there dedicated to retro PCs.
DOSGuy
Website Administrator

Re: pc gaming for the games of win9x

Post by DOSGuy »

Windows 98SE will probably install and operate on your computer, but there's a chance that you won't be able to find Win9x drivers for all of your hardware. Based on your Celeron 215, your computer is from about 2007, so some of your hardware may only have drivers for Windows XP or newer. If you can't find compatible drivers, you may not be able to get the sound working or change the video settings from 640x480 @ 16 colors. You can give it a try, but you're probably better off installing Windows 98SE in a virtual machine, like VMWare, VirtualBox or Virtual PC. The latter two can even be downloaded for free from this website in the Utilities section.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article.