Hi, my name is luis

Introduce yourself!
luis46coco
Less than a nibble

Hi, my name is luis

Post by luis46coco »

Hello friends
We perform computer systems in several lenguages ​​and I like the retro computer, also reverse engineering, especially of my favorite games, try to contribute something to this site, I've talked to some of the members, and look forward to working, I also like the music and their application to video games, I have great collection of retro equipment from radio shack "Color computer", many 8-bit machines and some 16-bit, I live in Venezuela and I am Spanish, my language is Spanish, excuse errors translations

Currently I am learning and development program similar to camoto. I'm doing reverse engineering the game GOD OF THUNDER, makes a question in the forum modifications
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Re: Hi, my name is luis

Post by MrFlibble »

Hello, and welcome to the forums! :)

Reverse engineering is great. There aren't too many projects that fully reverse-engineer a DOS game's code (like OpenDUNE), so effort in this field is always welcome.
luis46coco
Less than a nibble

Post by luis46coco »

MrFlibble wrote:Hello, and welcome to the forums! :)

Reverse engineering is great. There aren't too many projects that fully reverse-engineer a DOS game's code (like OpenDUNE), so effort in this field is always welcome.
thanks
by the way I've been looking at the excellent contributions you make, very full listings and laborious, congratulations
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Post by MrFlibble »

Thank you :)
developertn
9-bit ubernerd

Post by developertn »

Wow! Reverse-engineering? hehe That is pretty tough especially when you take into account that the symbols are generic when you de-assemble the .exe files.
MrFlibble
Forum Administrator

Post by MrFlibble »

That is probably why there aren't really all too many projects to reverse-engineer games. Apart from OpenDUNE mentioned above (which is a very accurate engine recreation of Dune II), I only know that the DaggerXL part of XL Engine uses some code which was reverse-engineered from Daggerfall (according to the author's blog at least). But the XL Engine project is being developed very slowly, also because the author has other important commitments.